Chapter 4

Glimmer POV:

Johanna and I walk over to Math together. I hate Calculus. Johanna's good at it compared to me. I suck at school in general. When we get in we pick our seats and the teacher starts going over everything we are going to learn this year. I doze off for almost the entire class.

Five minutes before the bell Johanna wakes me up.

"Did you even hear half the stuff he said?" Johanna asks.

"No once he started talking about math a stopped paying attention," I say. "So no." The bell rings and we walk out. "I have art next. How about you?"

"French," Johanna says. "I'll see you at Jo's after school."

She seems sort of depressed since the whole Blight thing. I feel bad for her. What person breaks up with someone the first day of school? Couldn't he wait till tomorrow? Whatever. I better hurry up or I'm going to be late.

Finnick POV:

English, yay! I actually don't mind English. None of my friends are in there though. The teacher introduces herself and makes us write a list of the supplies we will need for this class. I do that, but I can't stop thinking about Annie. It's her birthday and I haven't gotten to wish her a happy one. I have to wait until tonight.

"Mr. Odair. Will you answer my question?" The teacher says.

"Do you mind repeating it, ma'am?" I say forgetting her name.

"What did you do this summer? And my name is Mrs. Walton," she says annoyed.

"Oh. I went to Niagara Falls," I say.

"That's cool," she says unimpressed.

"Yep," I say trying to get her to move onto the next kid. She moves on to this kid next to me, I have no idea who he is. I don't recognize anyone in here except that girl in the back making out with that boy. Wait a second, is that boy Gale? No way he said he had English 7th period. This is English 7th period. I guess I really wasn't paying attention because of Annie's party. Who is that girl though? I know I've seen her before. Is it Delly? No, Gale wouldn't do that with her. Oh my God, that is Madge. That girl that freaked out on Katniss for even talking to Gale. Oh my God. Delly and Madge are the school sluts. Delly has tried multiple times to get with Peeta. And Madge has tried to get together with Gale.

"Mr. Hawthorne. Ms. Undersee. Would you like to tell the whole class what you were just doing?" Mrs. Walton says annoyed. Is that, like, her usual tone? Gale and Madge's faces go bright red. They both shake their heads. "Fine. Detention," Mrs. Walton passes them passes. Dang it! Now we have to hang out without Gale or not at all

Gale has to move seats to the front. He switches with the kid next to me. Mrs. Walton continues the class like nothing happened. Gale passes me a note that says "Hey. What do you think of Madge?" He wants to know what I think of her? He just made out with her in the back of the class.

"Idk. She freaked on Katniss when she saw her talking 2 u," I write back. I pass it back to him. He looks confused. Does he not remember the whole thing with Madge and Katniss last year? Gale passes me back the note.

It reads, "I want 2 ask her out, but I have 2 ask the other guys. I have detention, so can u do it 4 me?" I guess I can. I write him my answer and he writes back "Thank you." I personally don't like Madge. She just seems like a jerk. Maybe the other guys will not like her. I hope I'm not the only one.