Chapter 18

Peeta POV:

     Katniss pulls me into the kitchen. I'm so glad she did because I had to get out of that room. It was so uncomfortable. I feel bad for Clove because everyone seems to be turning on her. First Cato, then Gale, now Finnick and Johanna. I know I'm sticking by her until she gives me a reason to hate her.

     Katniss calls the pizza place and she orders the pizzas. She hangs up and I start to walk into the living room. "Where are you going?" she asks grabbing my shoulder.

     "Back in the other room," I say turningaround.

     "No way. We are going somewhere else because I want to be in a good mood. Let's go upstairs with Prim and her friends," Katniss says. "It might be a little middle school--because they're in middle school--but they are more fun than our friends right now."

     "Ok," I say. Katniss goes into the other room and says that she and I need to help Prim with something. Katniss comes back in the kitchen and we go upstairs. She knocks on Prim's door.

     "Yes?" Prim says.

     "We got bored downstairs. Can we hang with you and you friends?" Katniss says.

     "Yeah, sure," Prim says. We walk into her room and see that Cali, Kay, and another girl that I don't recognize are here. She looks a little like Thresh, so I figure that's his sister, Rue. I'm shocked that Cato and Clove are letting Cali and Kay in the same room.

     "Hey, Prim," Cali says getting Prim's attention. Prim looks at her. "I've got to go. Something family related came up. I'll talk to you later. Peeta can you give me a ride home?"

     "Sure. If I'm not back by the time you guys leave, text me, Katniss," I say. Katniss nods. I walk Cali out to my car. We get in. "What's going on?"

     "My dad might be making Cato move out of my house because of what he did to Clove and Delly," Cali says with her voice shaking.

     "He can't be serious," I say.

     "I'm pretty sure he is," Cali says wiping her eyes. Her phone starts to ring. She answers it. "Hi, Cato. Peeta is on his way to drop me off. Is Dad really kicking you out?" she pauses for him to respond. "Why?! It's not fair! What did mom say?!" she yells into her phone. "I'm so sorry this happened. Can you do anything?" Cali starts crying. I pull up into Cato's driveway. "I'm here. I'll be in there in a second." Cali hangs up the phone. "I've got to go. Thank you for the ride." She gets out of my car and Mrs. Hadley runs up to Cali. They are both crying. This is intense. I pull out of there driveway and head back to Katniss'.

Marvel POV:

     Glimmer is sitting on me and we are eating our pizza. I hear my ringtone, which is embarrassingly enough Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj because Cato picked it and somehow made it permanent. I go to see who it is and it's Cato. Oh God. This can't be good. "Glim, I gotta take this. Sorry," I say.

     "Hello?" She gets up and I go in the hallway.

     "Do you remember how you said if my parents kick me out then I can stay at your place?" Cato asks. Oh God. Remember when I said this can't be good? Well, this can't be good.

      "Yeah. Why?" I say.

      "My dad is almost definitely kicking me out because I told him," he says. His voice is distressed as if he has been crying or yelling.

     "When do you have to be out by?" I ask.

     "Like, probably tonight. He didn't specify. But he was f**king screaming at me for like a hour at me, so I figure as soon as possible, which means tonight," he says.

     "Dude, this sucks," I say.

     "Why?" he asks.

     "Because my parents are out of town and I literally can't have any one over," I say. Cato knows what happened before because I tell him everything. My parents go on a lot of business trips for work and I get to watch the house. The last time they did that I invited Glimmer to come over and my parents walked in on us right before we did something, if you know what I mean.

     "Are you serious?" he asks.

     "Would I lie to you?" I say.

     "I hate everything!" Cato screams angrily into the phone. It hurts my ear how loud it is. "Everything sucks! My life, my girlfriend, my dad, everything!" I hear something that sounds like glass break in the background.

     "Cato, calm down," I say. "I'll talk to my dad about this. I'm sure I can convince him to let you come over. He knows I'm not going to hook up with a guy."

     "No, if he said he didn't want anyone over it's fine. I'll just find somewhere else. When do your parents come home?"

     "Monday I think," I say.

    "Ok...maybe after they get home I can come over?" he asks.

    "Totally," I say. He hangs up. I don't even get a goodbye? Wow, that hurts.

    "Was that Cato?" Clove asks emerging from the hallway door.

    "No. What makes you think that?" I ask.

    "Because who else would call you that isn't here?" she challenges. That stings a little bit. I have other friends. No I don't.

   "Whatever," I say pushing passed her.

Johanna POV:

    I ditched Katniss' house because I'm really not in the mood to talk to Clove. I was going to meet Gale at the school, but I didn't feel like doing nothing. I called him a little after we talked before if he could come over. Now he's here.

   "So you just are basically ditching you friends?" Gale asks.

   "At least for tonight," I say. Gale looks down at his phone.

   "Hold on I gotta take this. Hello?" He pauses while the other person talks. "Cato, I'm confused. Why is he reacting this way?" he pauses again. "I don't have room at my place. And you don't want to stay there with my little siblings are running around really early in the morning." Another pause. "Ok, bye."

   "What was that about?" I ask. Gale shakes his head. I know not to ask anymore questions.

   "Should we go soon?" Gale asks.

   "Yeah, but I gotta change into a black shirt," I say. I get off my bed and go to my closet. I see a black long sleeve shirt that has our school mascot on it. I run into my bathroom and switch shirts. "We can go in like five minutes," I say. I take my spot back on my bed.

   "What do you wanna do?" Gale asks.

   "I dunno. What do you wanna do?" I ask.

   "Maybe this," Gale says crawling over to me. He pulls me onto his lap and presses his lips to mine.

   "Gale," I say pulling away from his kiss. "what about Madge?"

   "Forget her right now," he says. He starts kissing me again. I've been wanting to do this for a while. I've had a crush on Gale since before Blight broke up with me. I was going to ask him out a little while after my breakup, but he got with Madge first. Now that I have him kissing me, I feel wrong because of the whole cheating thing. Whatever.

   "We better go," I say breaking the kiss again. I get up and practically sprint out of my house. I get into my car while Gale gets into his. This is going to be an awkward game.

Hey, guys! I'm watching Hannah Montana right now. I miss this show. Do any of you guys watch Under the Dome? I watched the season 3 premiere last night and OMG! What? The endings are always cliffhangers and it sucks! So here's another chapter. You guys get to see what Cato's dad meant by the last thing he said. Jale shippers are gonna be happy soon. Peace out girl scout!

                                                                                                         ~~Nickie