Chapter 17

Katniss POV:

     After school, Prim brought Kay, Cali, and Rue over. Clove is just staying at my house because there is no point in her going home and coming back over two hours later.

     "Can I borrow some clothes for the blackout?" Clove asks.

      "Sure, let's go change now," I say. I don't know why no one does the blackout at school. Just no one does it there.

      We run upstairs and look for black clothes. I find a black t-shirt that says 'Hunger Games High' and has our school mascot, a wolf, (A/N as in the mutts that attacked Cato if you didn't know). I grab a pair of black skinny jeans. I also have a pair of black high top converse. For Clove I find a black tank top, shiny gold high-waisted shorts, a sweatshirt that has the same thing as my t-shirt. She is wearing black converse so she doesn't need to borrow any shoes. We change and go downstairs. My doorbell rings. I open it's not someone I would really expect.

Cato POV:

     I ring Katniss' doorbell angrily. I was just on the phone with Delly for, like, a hour after Marvel left while she cried over how Clove is calling her a liar about the whole pregnancy thing. Apparently, Madge was talking to Clove.

     I went to Clove's house first and no one answered. I overheard Katniss talking to her friends saying that she could give Clove a ride. I drove over here and am now waiting for an answer.

     Katniss opens the door. "Why are you here?" she asks irritated.

     "I need to talk to Clove," I say.

    "She's not here," Katniss says unsurely.

    "I know your lying. Let me talk to her," I say trying to keep a level tone.

    "No," Katniss says. I'm the person that acts before they think. I push passed Katniss and barge into her house.

     "Cato?" I hear Cali say coming down the stairs.

     "Hi, Cali. Where's Clove?" I ask.

     "Umm, I think she's in the kitchen. Why?" she says unsurely.

     "Because," I say. I walk madly into Katniss' kitchen and see Clove sitting in a chair on her phone. I walk up to her and grab her by the shoulder.

     "What the hell?!" she screams. I get up close to her ear and whisper, "I need to talk to you, you little bitch." I pull her by her shoulder while she struggles to get out of my grip; which is stupid because she knows I'm stronger.

     "Cato, what are you doing?" Cali asks frantically.

     "You'll understand when you're older," is all I say. I drag Clove outside and slam Katniss' door.

     "What is your f**king problem?! You just barge into Katniss' house and attack me?! That is not cool! I knew you were crazy, but I didn't think it was this bad," Clove screams.

     "I'm not crazy, you are! You make up a f**king lie about how Delly is lying to everyone about being pregnant? How the hell did you come up with that?! Then you blame Madge?! You are such a liar!" I yell.

     "I wasn't lying! Did you see Madge come over to me during homeroom?" she says. I nod. "I swear to God that this is what Madge told me. Cato, I wouldn't lie about something like this. You know me." That is true. Clove isn't much of a liar. She never once lied to me.

     "That's true, but why would Delly lie?" I ask not completely convinced. I'm also trying to calm myself down.

     "To get with you," she say. "You know I actually loved you for who you are. Not for how you look. Wow, that sounded a really cheesy. But you know what I mean."