Chapter 7

Annie POV:

Finnick met me on the beach and invited me to a party at his house. We start walking back to his house.

"So you said the whole grade will be there?" I ask. "Yeah. I also want you to stay the night. We are having a sleepover with just the group," he says. "Alright, but I didn't pack anything," I say.

"Don't worry. Katniss packed you some stuff. She left it in her car," he says taking my hand. We walk into his house.

"Holy cow! You went all out!" I say loudly so he can hear me. The music is so loud.

"I know right? We have to set the tone for the year," he says confidently.

"I guess," I say. I don't really think we need to set a tone for the year. "Are you okay, Annie?" Finnick asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"You can just hang out with me," he says putting his arm around my waist. A bunch of popular people come up to Finnick. They start talking about all this stuff I don't really care about. Like how popular they are and how great of a party this is. I would really prefer to have Finnick to myself.

After about a half a hour of them just talking I decide I need to get away from them. "Hey, I'm going to grab something to drink," I say to Finnick. "Okay," is all he says.

I walk over to where the food and drinks are. Loki is standing there over a cooler of drinks.

"Hey, Loki," I say walking over to him. "Hey, Annie. Can I get you something to drink?" he asks.

"What is there?" I ask.

"Soda, water, and some beer. What would you like?" he answers. I really should just go for some soda, but it's going to be a long night. I've had alcohol before, so why not try it?

"Beer please," I say. He hands me a can. "Thanks. I'll see you later." "Bye," he says as I'm walking away. I get to an area by myself I chug the can. It tastes bitter. I walk back over to Finnick and he is still with popular people. I turn back towards the kitchen and grab another can. I drink more cans. By the time I get back to Finnick I barely can walk with being unbalanced. "Hey, Finnick," I say.

"Hey, Annie," he says. "Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be, silly?" I slur poking his cheek.

 He pulls me over to a corner and asks, "Are you drunk?"

"Nope," I say popping the 'p'. "Yes you are. I'm taking you upstairs to my room," he says pulling me up the stairs.

"Why? We can't be apart of the party if we are upstairs," I say.

"Because you may come back to sanity," he says. He grabs the knob of his bedroom door. It doesn't open. "Is anyone in there?" he starts knocking on the door.

"Go away," a female voice calls. It sounds familiar, but I can't figure out who's it is.

"Sorry," Finnick says. He drags me towards his brother's room. "Hey, Alex?"

"Yeah?" Alex says not looking away from his video game.

"Can you watch Annie for me? She's drunk," Finnick says.

"Sure. Put her either in my chair or on the bed," Alex says still not looking at us. Finnick walks me over to Alex's bed.

"I'll be back before you know it," Finnick says.

"Bye," I say.

Clove POV: