Chapter 2

Marvel POV:

I only paid attention in Math for a few minutes because I had to figure out where the heck everything is because I moved here over the summer. I only know two people, my girlfriend, Glimmer, and my only friend, Cato. Where is Yearbook? I didn't want this class, but I didn't have a choice because I came late.

I see a room with a picture of a yearbook and figure that's the class. I walk in and sit in the corner alone. A girl with curly reddish, brown hair sits down next to me. Why would you sit next to the new kid? "Hi, I'm Annie," she says. "You look new. What's your name?"

"Umm, I'm Marvel. Yeah, I'm new," I say nervously. The teacher walks in.

"Hello. I'm Mrs. Ying. The people you are sitting with will be your partners for yearbook. I hope you like them because you will work with them all year. Yay!" She says with an foreign accent.

"Looks like we'll be working on the same spread," Annie says. "Do you know anyone else here?"

"Umm, I know someone named Cato, someone named Glimmer, and you," I say.

"Oh my gosh! Glimmer is like one of my best friends and Cato is my boyfriend's best friend," she says happily. "Do you know what lunch you're in?"

"Umm, let me look at my schedule," I say fumbling with my paper. "I have... C lunch. How 'bout you?"

"Same! And so do all of my friends. You have to sit with us," she says. I have somewhere to sit at lunch. Check that off my mental checklist. "What do we do for the whole yearbook thing?"

"Oh, today we get assigned our topics. Mrs. Ying will come around to each table," Annie says helpfully.

"You sound like you know what you're doing," I say. I've never taken a yearbook class. At my old school it was more of a club like thing.

"Yeah, I've taken this class ever since middle school. It's weird though because every year I've taken it in high school there is a new teacher. They all leave for different reasons." Annie says.

"Hello," Mrs. Ying says. "Are you Marvel and Annie?" We both nod. "Okay. Your topic is clubs. Have fun." That teacher seems weird, but who am I to judge? The bell rings--wow these classes are really short--and we all get up to leave. I walk outside and make my way to Gym. Annie squeals when she sees some guy.

Finnick POV

"Hey, Finn. How's your first day," Annie says sweetly. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I love her so much.

"My day just got better because you are with me now," I say then I kiss her lightly on the lips. "I wish I could stay longer, but I have History.

"Fine. I'll talk to you later. Bye Finn," she says pouting.

"Bye, Annie. I love you," I say walking away.

"Love you," I hear her call to me.

I walk to history and see Clove. She's by the window being all flirty with Cato. Their together but still flirt. It's not fair that they get to be together, but I can't be with Annie. I walk over to them and interrupt them, "Hi guys," I say in an annoying tone. I like to annoy them when they're together. "Hey, Clove. Making out with Cato again?" I say making kissy noises. Clove rolls her eyes and pulls Cato away from me and towards the back of the room. "Guys don't walk away from me!" I say following them. Clove flicks my head really hard. "Ow!"

Clove POV:

I hate Finnick sometimes. He always has to be around when I'm with Cato. "What do you want?" I snap.

"I just want to talk to my besties," Finnick says wrapping his arms around our shoulders.

"Go away," Cato says.

"Aww, does Cato want Clove time?" Cato jabs Finnick in the ribs. "Ow!" Finnick screams. The teacher walks in.

"Hey students. I'm Ms. Love and I have a surprise for you," the teacher says seductively . I grip Cato's arm with my nails in fear. I don't need my day to get awkward. "It's seating chart," Ms. Love squeals. I loosen my grip on Cato's arm. He brushes my hand off of it and rubs his arm. I look at it and I left marks in his arm. This teacher nearly gave me a heart attack, which is very rare for people to do that to me. "Okay. In the first row we have Fred Copperhead, Clove Sevina, Finnick Odair, Cato Hadley, Loki Thor, and Ted Copperhead." We all take our seats. I absolutely hate my seat because I'm next to Finnick. I normally wouldn't mind Finnick, but he is just being an annoyance to Cato and me in our relationship. At least Cato gets to be with a friend. Loki and him have been friends for a long time because of football.

"I love this seat, don't you?" he says taking our hands. "High fives on three. One. Two. Three." Finnick sticks up both his hands, while Cato and I slap him. "Ow!" he says.

Ms. Love turns toward us and says seductively, "Is everything alright? Because if it isn't I'll make it better." She takes Finnick's hand and winks at him. The entire class looks horrified at her. I hear Cato say, "Whore," under his breathe. I laugh quietly. Finnick isn't moving and Ms. Love hasn't stopped staring at him. The bell rings, but no one dares to move. The kids in the back of the room run out followed by everyone expect my row. "You can go. I'll see you tomorrow. Or maybe earlier, Finnick." Fred and Ted sprint out of the room. I've never seen either off them run and both of them have been in my Gym class since I was a kid. Cato and Loki drag Finnick out. I follow right behind them.

"Clove, get Annie," Loki says. I yell for Annie and she rushes right over.

"Oh no! What happened to Finn?" She says in shock as she sees him slung over Cato's shoulder.

Cato, Loki, and I explain what happened. Annie rushes to Finnick's side. They are super adorable together. I wonder what Cato and I look like to everyone else? I hope we look okay.

"I gotta get to my next class. I'll see you guys later. Bye," I say.

"I'll walk you there," Cato says. I wave bye to everyone else and they wave back. Cato and I head off to Gym.

Hello readers! This is chapter two! It still hasn't started with the drama but soon it will. I already have the whole story typed up and I'm gonna try to post once a week. The story was easier for me to write than Us Against the World. Check that story out too please! Again thanks to district13gal! Love ya, bestie! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!

~~Nickie