Chapter 16

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~time flash to homeroom~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clove POV:

       I walk into homeroom and sit in my usual spot, the back of the room isolated from everyone. Ever since Cato and I broke up and Gale left me for Madge, I've hadn't had any friends in this homeroom. I have no homework to work on, so I just sit there and play on my phone.

      After a few minutes a hear the chair next to me scout out from it's place. I look up startled. I see that it's Madge. I turn in my chair to face the window. I don't want to see her.

        "Clove, look at me. I have something to tell you," Madge says.

         "What?" I say harshly.

        "I was talking to Delly," she whispers. I roll my eyes at the name. "Apparently, she is faking the whole pregnancy thing. She just wanted to get Cato." I just stare at her in disbelief. This can't be true.

        "You're so lying," I say.

        "I swear that I am not lying to you," she whispers.

        "Why would you be telling this to me? Do you think it's funny if I told Cato and he made me look like a fool? I'm not falling for it," I say. I'm actually offended that she thinks I'm stupid enough to fall for this.

       "Here's the thing, Delly literally just told me, I hate the fact she took him from you, and this is one of the worst lies you could tell. That is why I'm telling you," Madge says quietly. "I will look you in the eyes and swear to God that I am not lying."

       "Okay then, do it," I say smugly.

      "I swear to God that I am not lying to you. Now go get Cato back," Madge says.

      "No way. He cheated on me and I don't want to talk to him unless I have to. Now get away from me," I say. She smiles and walks away. I actually believe Madge. She is one of the most honest people in this school. Most of the time it's not a good thing, she can be too honest if you know what I mean. If it is true, Delly is sick. I hate her even more now.

      I look over and see Delly walk back into the classroom. She goes over to Cato, Madge, and Gale and sits down in their little circle thing. The bell rings and I'm glad to get out of this hell hole.

Peeta POV:

     I walk out of my homeroom with Katniss and Annie. No one knows where Glimmer is. I haven't seen her since Lunch. I walk to my locker and pack up. Katniss comes over to me and we walk outside. I see Johanna going over to Finnick and Annie. Katniss and I go passed the office and I see Glimmer sitting there with her mom.

    "Was that Glimmer?" Katniss asks.

    "I think so. Why was she in the office?" I ask. Katniss shrugs. We get outside and go to where our group usually meets. Well, what's left of it. I think that means Clove, Glimmer, Katniss, and me for sure. I'm not positive on where Marvel, Finnick, and Johanna stand. Finnick, Annie, and Johanna are already there and Clove is no where to be found.

    "Where's Clove?" Annie asks. I scan around me and see her talking to Delly. What did I miss?

    "She's talking to Delly," I say.

     "What? Where? Is she screaming at her?" Johanna says looking around excitedly.

     "Right there, in front of the steps. She looks pissed. She being Clove," I say pointing in the direction of the steps.