Chapter 21

Marvel POV:

     I pull into Finnick's driveway and see that Peeta is already here. All of the guys decided to meet at Finnick's house. Ian and Loki should be here soon. I get out of my car and go up to the door. I ring the doorbell and Peeta answers. "Hey, c'mon in," Peeta says.

     "Hey, are Loki and Ian still coming?" I ask walking into Finnick's house.

     "No. Ian is going to pick up Clove at Annie's. Loki is just going to hang out at home with Thresh 'cause his date got the stomach bug.

      "Oh ok," I say.

      "Aloha, Marvel!" Finnick yells from his couch.

      "So what are we doing for the next hour and a half?" Peeta asks.

      "Well, I ordered a pizza, so that we can eat. We are going to have to get ready eventually. We can just hang out and do guy stuff," Finnick says.

      "Ok," Peeta says taking a seat next to Finnick. I take a seat on a chair in the corner.

      "I've never been to a dance before. What do you do there?" I ask. No girl ever talked to me, so I've never been to a dance. I wouldn't even be going to this is Glimmer wasn't so into this stuff. Or if I didn't have a girlfriend--which I originally expected.

      "Well, you dance, hang out, make out, eat, make out, dance, and dance some more," Finnick says.  

      "Oh cool. Are they fun?" I ask.

      "They can be. At our school it's almost a guarantee that some drama is going to happen. It almost is always with the popular kids. It's usually big too. It'll sometimes happen at prom, too. I hope Cato gets his karma," Peeta says. I don't like that last comment. Cato is my best friend. Did they forget that? I wonder where he slept last night?

      "Don't you think that he already did? I mean he is dating Delly," I say. That got a laugh out of Peeta and Finnick. We just hang out until it's time to go pick up the girls.

Glimmer POV:

     I walk over to Katniss who is sitting at Annie's vanity. "Okay, Katniss," I say. "What do you want me to do with your hair?"

     "Something with braids," she says. Wow, didn't see that one coming. I nod. I braid her hair into different sections and pin them to her head.

     "You like?" I ask.

     "I love," she says. Great. Katniss gets up and Annie comes over and sits. I'm on official hair and makeup duty for them. I already did all of their makeup, so now it's just hair.

     "How 'bout you?" I ask Annie.

     "I dunno. You choose," she says. That's why I love Annie. She's so go-with-the-flow. I put her hair in a loose ponytail and flip it through. "I like that, thanks," Annie says smiling. She get's up and Clove comes over. She has a solemn expression.

    "You ok?" I ask.

    "Yeah, I just forgot how much I hate dances," she says.

    "Well, you are going to have fun and lots of it. Ian's a great guy. Plus you are going to look amazing," I say.

    "Yeah, yeah. Just do my hair and we can get this over with. Can you just do a high-" she says before I cut her off.

    "You don't get to pick," I say. She sighs. I put her hair into a bun, but leave on section out. I fishtail it and wrap it around the bun. She flashes me a quick smile and gets up. We all change and wait for the guys.