{Firelight - !LL! 🥀}

"Burn witch, burn!"

The young woman was strapped to a wooden pole, fire dancing around her body. Her long, ginger-red hair was charring, burning off at the edges. Her dull brown dress burning off, her skin peeling. She showed almost no emotion, waiting for the fire to fully consume her. She was a witch, according to them, after all.

Yet she had done nothing wrong.

She was accused of witchcraft, seeing that she had somehow came back from the dead. She still looked human, her skin pale, her eyes alive.

When the world started to collapse onto her, she started to take her final breaths. Her body gave out on her, and she died, the flames consuming the rest of her body.

The crowd started to cheer, knowing that the witch was finally dead.

They all believed that she was a witch, seeing that she had somehow came back from the dead.

Except one person did not.

Another young woman, around the dead girls age, bowed her head, muttering a prayer underneath her breath.

"Goodbye, Cleo."

[----------]

Cleo stared at the lighter in her hands, the memories of her death coming back to her.  It was supposed to be her to light the first wall of the Bad Boys mansion, yet she couldn't do it. She tightened her grip on the lighter, until she felt two hands rest on her shoulders.

It was her sons, Scar and Bdubs.

"It's okay, Cleo. If this brings back the memories, then you don't have to do it." Scar assured the zombie, with Bdubs nodded in approval. Cleo smiled, and her eyes shined with determination.

"It's fine boys, I can do this." She clearly replied, flicking the lighter on. Scar and Bdubs stepped back, and watched as they lit one of the mansion's walls on fire, the fire engulfing the dark oak. They turned back to their sons, a smile of chaos on their face.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Cleo asked, and saw the glint appear in their sons eyes. They both pulled out their lighters, and both started to help their mother with burning the mansion.

[----------]

Cleo, Scar, and Bdubs stood on a mountain ledge not far from the burning mansion. It was chaos there, with the Bad Boys running around trying to stop the spread, but they couldn't. The mansion was almost fully destroyed at this point, and luckily, Cleo, Scar, and Bdubs managed to get out safely.

Cleo smiled, watching the fire engulf the mansion, a smile forming on her face. They looked at the now-useless lighter in their hands, and threw it to the ground. Firelight reflected off of the zombie, making them glow a dim orange.

They were no longer afraid of fire, and now, Cleo just wanted to embrace it fully, like how they did when they first died. Now, they had their sons with them, and together, they would set everything on fire, with the firelight reflecting off of them.

Written on April 18