Chapter 25: I don't believe this

You are a blessing

You are a blessing

In my life

Me and the boys are at Antonio's place since this motherfucker has been busy with work in the bar and barely has enough time to show his fucking face. Our game night was cut short when Elena called Antonio crying, he tried calling her back but she wouldn't answer. We called Camila who answered on the first ring which we were grateful for.

"Is Elena okay?" Antonio asked as he placed his phone in the middle of the coffee table for us to hear. When he asked Elena if she was crying, I was ready to grab my keys and drive to her but Antonio held me back. He wanted to know what's happening first.

I cannot sit still and hear what is going on the other side of the phone. "Yeah, she's still sleeping but-" She stopped talking when we heard sobbing. "That's Elena, she's in the kitchen." My pulse quickened at the mention of her being in the kitchen.

Knives. She can hurt herself. If she is crying or has been sobbing then she goes to the kitchen, looking for anything sharp. "Camila, go to the kitchen and check on her please." I pleaded with her then I was on my feet grabbing my keys from the hook then I left Antonio's place.

"I'm going with you." Antonio said, then I nodded at him. "The rest of you, go home or stay. Whatever you wanna do but, Elena is our priority." Antonio said, with a stern face. He was there for Elena when she first moved here.

Never left her side and he treats her as his little sister. Hearing Elena cry and be pain hurts us in any way. We didn't know. None of us knew that she bottling everything up until the bottle bursts into thousand pieces and the contents of it spill out. 

"Elena! Put the knife down!" Antonio and I  looked at each other then we both ran downstairs to the parking lot then drove to their place. The drive is only twenty minutes but why does it feel like it is two hours. "I c-can't." Elena said, I could hear the hurt in her voice which got me gripping the wheel tightly.

"El, talk to me, sweetie." Elena started gasping for air and I know that she is hyperventilating. Hang on there bubs, I am on my way. "It hurts so much, Camila. It hurts so much." She sobbed some more but she hasn't stopped talking.

"Everyone hates me! They hate me, Cid hates me. More like loathes me. Most importantly, I hate myself." Oh bubs. I didn't know that's how you felt. Elena has always been the happy girl that we met. She was all sunshine that is shy, scared of meeting people.

I asked myself before who the real Elena is. The real Elena is this. The broken Elena, the one who has always been there for everyone but no one by her side. "I miss him so much, Camila." She confessed.

"Who do you miss?"

"My grandpa. We were still on the plane when he died. I never got to say goodbye!" She wrecked a sob and I can't help but feel sad for her. My eyes widened at her confession. I looked at Antonio who had his jaw clenched and his hands holding the phone tightly.