Chapter 5: Stuffed Toy

Music is what

Music is what

Feelings sound like

"You should get this." Mom said, pointing at the small ottoman that's on the second shelf. It was pretty but we still don't know where I would be living. I don't know what kind of living quarters my new school had given me, so I don't want to buy any furniture until I know more. 

Instead of browsing through the furniture section, I went to the kitchen supplies to look for plates, cutlery, knives, and more. I don't want to buy them there since I know Vancouver is going to be expensive. Buying it here in Toronto would probably be easier plus more choices.

 Homesense was my favourite store, they had a wide choices of these stuff and cuter too. My mom wanted to get these on Dollarama, but I refused. There is no way I am getting my first cutlery on Dollarama. No hate to them, I just didn't want to.

My phone buzzed and it was Katherine asking me how the shopping was going. I'd answer her later when I was done. My hands were full for now. "Mommy, look at these marble plates." I was in love with marble, anything marbles especially black and gold marble. Who could say no to elegance?

"You want that?" my mom asked. I nodded my head with a smile on my face. "Okay, just because they'll be your first furniture." My smile went wide, and I picked one set. I felt giddy like a little kid. For glasses, I chose those small chubby ones that are for drinking, but I would use those for drinking water, pop or even juice. 

Multi-functional, my glasses my rules. Who knows I might use those for making desserts. That would be 2 sets, thank you very much. My mom just doesn't want to say anything because she knows I'm going to use it and not them – for spoons and forks, I had to buy the gold ones. 

It also matched the marbles. It's been my dream to buy my own and here I was, actually doing it. "Is that everything?" My mom asked, my eyes scanned the cart and realized, there are four few things that this cart is missing. 

Cutting board, pots, knives and ladles. We quickly went to that section to pick out everything. As I was about to stand up from squatting, I bumped into someone, I quickly apologized and looked up to see Antonio. "Hey girly." I chuckled and looked down, "Hey, nice to see you here."

"I see you are shopping for Vancouver, eh?"

I looked at the stuff in my arms and nodded at him, "It's better to do it now right? Plus, my mom is helping me pick out everything." Right on cue, my mom appears and smiles when she sees me talking to a guy. I mentally facepalmed myself and placed the stuff I got into the cart.

"This is Antonio from Lavelle. When we went to Lavelle two days ago." My mom never met him, so she doesn't know. "He was the bartender I was telling you about." And I just exposed myself that I was talking to my mom about Antonio. Jesus.