Chapter 4: Farewell Party

I'll never be

I'll never be

That me again

It's 12 in the afternoon, my mom asked me to get ready since we'd be going somewhere today. I don't know where, she always does that – mostly her habit – of doing that to me. Ruined my mood and my plans that my friends and I sometimes plan ahead of time. I was an organized person when it comes to things like this and I wish she'd understand the mental energy it took me to prepare myself. 

But today was an exception, since none of us planned anything for the day, I wasn't mad about the spontaneous party invitation. Tito was also coming with, there was probably a party. They didn't tell me exactly the theme but there's already a dress laid out on my bed. It's a white short sleeve dress with cherry prints. 

I quickly went to the bathroom to shower. If I didn't get up now, they would give me a 5-minute timer for me to get ready, I need more than that because I have to do some simple cute make-up.

"Elena! Are you ready?!" My mom yelled out. Jeez, I just woke up. Give me time to wake up. "Yep! Almost done!" I yelled back. I swear if she tells me not to yell back then I'll just text her. Asian moms are a different breed sometimes. 

I wore the dress, it hugged my curves perfectly. I have curves, it's just hidden. After putting my dress on, towel drying my hair, I wore my headband and worked on my face. Not a heavy make-up fan so sometimes a simple one is my go-to. 

A little bit of foundation for my entire face after my moisturizer, then my blush, eyeshadow, mascara and lip balm is all I need, and done. Lastly, my setting spray. I turned on my fan and sat in front of the fan for 10 minutes letting it set.

Once I got dolled up, I walked downstairs to see them dressed up as well. My mom motioned for us to leave so we all go outside locked the doors behind her. The car was already outside with tito inside waiting for us.

"Let's go." We buckled ourselves in and drove to wherever we were going. Thankfully mom packed some fruits for us to eat. She gave me my water bottle, knowing that her daughter would ask her water every few seconds. We arrived at my work. 

I don't know why we came here in the first place. When we headed inside, my jaw dropped. They yelled an excited "surprise". My friends and their parents, family friends and my co-workers are all here. "What are you guys doing here?" I grinned, my eyes sparkling.

Everybody laughed and Katherine ran up to me, hugged me tight and stood beside me, her arms on my arm. "Thank you to Elena's boss for helping me and my friends pull this off. To give her the most memorable farewell party she deserves as she goes on a new life at a new province."

 My best friend was so happy to see me, to spoil me. Claps and cheers could be heard while they I was getting hugs, congratulatory mini speeches and little pats on my back.