Chapter 14: Unseen Messages

I didn't choose you

I didn't choose you

My heart did

TW: Panic attack

It's been three days since what happened between me and Elena. She told me she needed more time to think about it. Of course, I gave her the time and space she needed. I even put my number on her phone because I know she wouldn't ask for it because of how timid she is.

The boys right now are asking me to play with them, so I did. My phone is silent so no one would bother me but something in me tells me to turn the ringer on, so I did. It's almost 9 o'clock pm and we've been playing for a couple of hours.

We are playing Call of Duty. It's my favourite game. I would buy anything for that game. Anything. As we were playing, my phone dings once and I ignored it. It's probably one of the guys telling me that he needs to go or something.

The second time, I ignored it. Once the third ding, I tell the boys that I am going to pause the game, so I did. I looked at my notifications and it's Elena.

Fuck. Is she okay? I jolted from my slumping position and opened her messages. Why didn't I answer her the first time. I don't want her to think that I am ignoring her or anything. She can bother me anytime she wants.

Elena: hi sorry to bother you but are you free?

sent: 9:05 PM

Elena: Adi? If you're busy, that's fine.

sent: 9:05 PM

Elena: Never mind, everything's fine. I thought I needed help but nope. Haha. Sorry to bother you again.

sent: 9:05 PM

That's the last notification I got from her before answering her back.

Adi: I was just playing, what's wrong?

sent: 9:06 PM

Adi: Elena, are you okay? What do you need help with?

sent: 9:06 PM

Adi: Princess?

sent: 9:06 PM

I waited a few minutes, but she didn't answer. I left it alone and went back to playing. This time, my phone is propped against my monitor so I can see my phone light up when she texts me.

Two hours into the game, nothing at all until Antonio calls me. He never calls me unless he needs something or there's an emergency.

I didn't let it ring for too long, so I answered it right away. "Have you heard anything from Elena?" My heart dropped to my stomach when he asked me those questions. "She texted me, but I answered minutes later. I was playing, why?"