Chapter 10: Friends

It was chaos that

It was chaos that

Made her beautiful

"How's the food?" Antonio asked as he was giving food to the other people across from him. I nodded while chewing my food, "it's really good." I said, my roommates were eating comfortably while I felt like I couldn't eat around them.

Antonio is the only person who would talk to me, and I don't mind that. I mean, when you have two beautiful women with you, you forget the other people. I was surprised Antonio was talking to me.

I never had problems eating, it's just I get conscious when I eat around people. It's probably a curvy girl thing. The guys talk until Adi talks and everyone stops talking. "Where are you from?"

Ignoring his question because he is not talking to me. "I'm from El Paso, Texas." Adi talks once again and says, "I wasn't talking to you." He said with a monotone voice. "I was talking to your friend." She nudges Belle, and when she was about to talk, he stops her.

"Your other friend." He said.

Camila nudges me and I look up to see him looking at me. "Me?" I asked, pointing at myself. He nods softly and hums in approval, "Oh, I am from Toronto." He smiles and says, "welcome to Vancouver, meri jaan."

The guys started coughing and snickering. I don't understand the last part he said because I don't understand Hindi. When he looked at them, they all stopped snickering and coughed one last time.

Everyone is engaged in a conversation except for me, I am okay with that. I don't do well with new people. Camila and Belle talk to me when they get a chance, but they mostly talk to the guys.

I go on my phone to pass the time and I smile on my phone to see some funny videos and I send it to Katherine. I didn't know Antonio asked for the bill when the server gave us our receipts. Antonio ordered for me since I didn't know what to order.

"All together." My eyes widened and told the serve before he could go, "split the bill." Antonio kicks me on my shin, and I wince in pain. "split.the.bill." I said while gritting my teeth. The server nodded his head and left to get our receipts.

"Elena Rivera." He said while chuckling.

"I'm paying half of it." I said with a smile, and he shook his head.

"Are you two a thing?" Manjit asked, Antonio and I answered at the same time. "No."

We looked at each other and laughed. "Mexicans are not my type. He has a good personality, but Mexicans are not my thing," I said.

Before they could even ask, the server went back to give us our receipts, but Adi took the receipt I was supposed to pay. He looked at the amount and whipped out his credit card. "Women should never pay for anything when she's with men."