Chapter 39 - New firsts

The soft brush of a familiar set of lips against your temple was the first thing you noticed when you woke up.

"Kata..." you grumbled tiredly as you rolled over and pressed your face into the pillow to escape the morning for a few more moments. If it was up to your body, it wasn't time to get up yet. However, before you could fall asleep again, a comfortable shiver ran down your spine as you felt Katakuri pull the blanket to the side, revealing your naked back as his lips trailed down your spine.

Of course, the shiver and the accompanying goosebumps didn't go unnoticed by your husband. A low hum of approval rumbled in his chest as the vibrations of his voice travelled through your body. The man was obviously pleased with the effect he was having on you.

For some reason, the moment you had stepped into your cabin after your time in the infirmary, the first thing you were greeted with was a deep kiss that grew heated quickly. Not that you were complaining.

Even though you were tired from tending to the crew and the usage of your devil fruit had finally caught up with you, thus exhausting your body further, you engaged in the luxury that was sexual intimacy with your husband. Regardless, the moment you were finished, you fell into a mini coma.

Still, you relished in each touch of his fingers, each kiss of his lips, each sound he struggled to swallow, and each movement of his hips.

There was also something different about him yesterday. He had always treated your body and soul with great care and utmost respect, but yesterday there was something else, too. Everything had a different depth to it; one, you could neither identify the reason behind for nor what exactly it was, but it felt different.

"Kata, I'm tired," you whined in protest with a voice heavily slurred from sleep, but the moment his lips left your body, a small pout pursed your lips.

Waking up to him caressing your body was something you were always going to enjoy, but there were days during which you enjoyed it more. For example, days in which you didn't feel like you had woken up in another century.

Katakuri didn't comment on the slightly disgruntled expression on your face as he straightened back up and pulled the scarf back over his mouth. He knew that you'd have pouted regardless of whether or not he had listened to you.

Meanwhile you sat up in bed rather reluctantly, allowing the blanket to gather in your lap in the process and give your husband a front row view of your body.

After rubbing some sleep out of your eyes, you then tried to focus on the cabin. The sunlight had already flooded everything and illuminated the small room you called your home on the sea in a warm orange.

Your bed was right in-between two portholes. In the far corner to your left was a seating area for Katakuri and you, which consisted of two chairs and a small table you shared. Aligned to the wall to your right were a desk and drawers for your clothes, along with a door which led your little adjacent bathroom. It was the little luxury you still enjoyed whilst out on the sea since you resided in the captain's cabin.

Everything else was much less luxurious in comparison to your home on Komugi Island or your suite in the Château, but it didn't need to be.

Your eyes stopped trailing over the cabin when they settled on your husband's brightly illuminated face.

Wait a minute...

Brightly illuminated face?

Hold on!

Based on the sunrays' brightness and colour, it was already later in the morning, and suddenly there was only one thing you wanted to know as the tiredness in you made way for dread.