Chapter 22 - Baking lessons

A/N:

Wordcount: 4452

The gentle smell of leather and Katakuri's cologne were the first things you noticed when your eyes fluttered open.

A quiet whine left your lips as you turned over, pushing your face into the pillow to flee just a little longer from the invasive sunlight that tried to pull you out of your bed. However, just when you were about to fall asleep again, you felt the touch of a warm hand on your head and you groaned at whoever was brave enough to stir you from your slumber.

"(Y/N), I need my vest back."

Oh, right. That someone was brave enough to stir you from your slumber.

You smirked into the pillow as you tightened your grip around the leather vest that was wrapped around your body.

"No," you jested mischievously, and you couldn't fight the small giggle that accompanied your statement.

"(Y/N), breakfast is ready and unless you want Brûlée to look for you again and for her to imagine whatever she wants to when she sees us, you need to get up and I need my vest back."

Your cheeks flushed a deep red when you heard his words, and you felt the heat travel down to your shoulders. You had spent the rest of the night lost in each other's touch, your lips melding against each other's as if they had been made for each other as your fingers traced every part of his torso they could reach.

Your hands weren't the only ones that were busy, though. He had also used the opportunity to roam your body, but you felt the hesitation behind his touch, too aware of his own strength and too scared to accidently hurt you.

During a quick break in which you both had just soaked in each other's presence, the events of the day had finally caught up with you and your body instantly grew heavy with sleep. Right when you were about to fall asleep, you felt Katakuri wrap his vest around your body before he carried you off to bed.

You had been married for two months, and you had admitted that there was some kind of attraction from either one of you only recently, but yesterday you both took a huge step in the right direction.

Rolling out of Katakuri's vest, you watched him pick it up and put it on while you set your feet on the fluffy carpet. You were still dressed in yesterday's clothes, the streaks of Perospero's nail polish still covering part of your pants, and you decided you were in desperate need of a bath.

"You can take one after we come back from breakfast."

How-?

Future vision mochi.

Your face pulled into a mock pout. Both your body and soul were really craving a hot bath, but you decided to comply. With a sharp turn on the carpet, you strolled into the walk-in closet instead of the bathroom to at least throw on some new clothes.

A pair of jeans and a shirt would have to do.

Still pulling your shirt over your torso, you walked out of the walk-in closet. Katakuri sat on one of the couches, waiting for you, his signature scarf wrapped neatly around his neck and mouth while he flicked a jellybean up and down.

"Let's go?" you quizzed, briefly glancing at yourself through the mirror of your vanity you had passed on the way to the door.

"Not yet."