Chapter 36 - Meri

A/N:

Wordcount: 5400+

"Don't ruin my fun, (Y/N)," Smoothie half-hissed, half-joked as she grabbed onto your jaw and held it in place. Why she was currently applying lipstick on you was a mystery to you.

"What are you guys up to?" you muffled through squished cheeks as you tried to push her off, but then you remembered that Brûlée and Perospero each had a hold on one of your hands and were applying nail polish.

When you and Katakuri had left his Merienda, of course through your respective doors as no one was allowed to know he had let you in, Perospero was waiting outside and practically dragged you off with him. Surprised, you shot a confused look over your shoulder at Katakuri, and you were greeted by his scowl.

So, he didn't know what was up either.

Perospero impromptu abduction – wait, that feels familiar – couldn't have come at a worse time. The remainder of Katakuri's Merienda was spent with you cuddling into his side while he happily munched on his doughnuts.

His song was adorable, and you had never thought you were ever going to hear him hum. This man was full of surprises. Terrifying huge mochi man on the outside (and on the inside when it came to enemies) with a surprisingly good singing voice. At least, as much as his humming allows conclusions to be drawn.

Before long Katakuri's Merienda came to an end. Upon your leave, Katakuri asked whether you could spare a moment to head to his office. There was something private he wanted to discuss with you before you headed off to his training. It seemed important to him, and so you agreed. It's not like you had much else to do, anyway. Even though you had spent a few months on Whole Cake Island already, you had yet to receive a proper job or task other than 'staying alive', 'following Mont d'Or's rules', and 'training with Katakuri'.

You had found your own ways to keep yourself busy, for example by entertaining the youngest Charlottes, training, reading, and baking – or as Chiffon liked to call it 'being the living nightmare of any chef' – but these things eventually got repetitive as well.

However, before you could follow through with Katakuri's request, Perospero had interfered and dragged you off.

You were halfway back to his room when he finally filled you in on what he suddenly 'oh so urgently' needed from you and the words thad had left his mouth only made you want to punch him in the face.

Spa day.

Freaking spa day.

Your eyes about set on fire when you stumbled after him. This is what you had left Katakuri for? Digging your heels into the ground for the sole purpose of making the eldest life harder, he simply wrapped your feet in candy to keep you from continuing your childish tantrum. The comment that your spite had accidentally made his life easier as you were now gliding effortlessly over the marble floor was met with a frustrated huff, but you decided not to argue beyond that. You were both aware that you had lost this one.

Once you were inside his room, you found Smoothie, Brûlée, and a whole setup for a luxurious spa day awaiting you. Great. By the looks of it, there was no easy way out of this situation. You decided not to argue with them as it would have only prolongued the inevitable, and so you started organising lotions and mixing ingredients.

Your three favourite adult in-laws settled on Perospero's couch in the meantime. All but Smoothie rested their heads on the backrest, while the tallest woman had to resort to laying her head in her nape. From there, you started with your work. Cleaning their nails, applying the mask on their hair, applying new colour to their nails, pampering their faces with lotions. In short, you treated them to the full program.