Chapter 8 - Mr. and Mrs. Charlotte

You hadn't looked at Katakuri since swallowing your anger and sitting by the vanity. This whole situation was getting increasingly more frustrating. Even if it was all staged, did he have to make it deliberately harder for you? Was there nothing in him that also wanted to at least make this situation tolerable?

Probably not, you convinced yourself, as he hadn't lost much in this arrangement. He was only stuck with you now, whereas your entire wellbeing and happiness depended on how well you integrated into the family.

I hate my life.

A long and dramatic sigh escaped your lips as your head sank, resting on the table of the vanity. From there, your  hands proceeded to run through your hair in despair before grabbing fistfuls of it, and you couldn't be bothered by the fact that you had managed to ruin your hairstyle twice within a few hours. Whatever was left of it would have to do.

Katakuri hadn't moved from his spot on the couch as he just continued to watch your defeated form.

He had wanted to open his mouth and say something, but he already knew that you weren't going to listen to him. Instead, you were only going to destroy your hairstyle further in retaliation. Biting his tongue, the Sweet Commander remained silent.

About 10 minutes before the wedding a Homie entered your suite and led you to Zeus who had already been waiting for your arrival.

Beaming at you happily, the cloud lowered himself on the ground to allow you to get onto him more easily. Katakuri even created multiple mochi arms on Zeus to help you climb onto the Homie, but you gladly refused every single one of them as you got on Zeus yourself.

By the time the cloud had lifted himself off the ground and started soaring through the air on his way to the venue, you still hadn't turned around to look at Katakuri. On a brighter note, the way to the venue was nice. With the wind brushing through your hair and ruffling the edges of your dress, you brought a hand up to keep the few stray strands of your past hairstyle from flying into your eyes.

Lost in watching the top of the Castle approach, you suddenly noticed Katakuri sitting down next to you, his legs dangling off the side of the cloud as he pulled your figure closer to his body by your waist.

The sudden physical proximity was anything but appreciated on your part and was met with you angrily pushing his hand off before immediately walking as far away from him as possible on the little space available.

"We need to stand closer to make it believable," he stated calmly, watching you over his shoulder as he lazily rested on one of his arms which he had propped up behind him.

"Oh, so now you want to make it believable?" you jeered without turning around to face him. "Respectfully, shove your believability up your ass." With that, you sat down on the cloud with your back facing him and your legs dangling off the opposite end of the fluffy cloud.

Zeus quickly lost balance due to the uneven weight distribution, but quickly managed to steady himself again.

"If you want to make all of this more believable and accurate, you should lay me in chains," you muttered under your breath as you rested your chin on your palm.

"Peros-nii already mentioned that you had the mouth of a sailor," Katakuri noted, resulting in your eyes narrowing into an angry glare as you stared at the city that was getting increasingly smaller the higher Zeus soared.

"Excuse me?" you raised your voice. "I am a pirate and I speak however the fuck I want to." A smug smirk tugged at your lips as you emphasised a certain word.