Chapter 3 - A match made in heavenly cake

10 days ago – Sweet City

It had been a sunny and great day in Sweet City and the city was filled with its lively daily business. Peoples from all around the world were either working in or around the city or engaged in happy chatter with one another on the streets. The sweet scent of cake and different candies lingered in the air and further underlined the name of the city, if anyone needed a reminder after watching the cake-themed architecture.

Some may have called it cheesy, others ugly, but the people in Sweet City were actually happy with where they lived. Apart from Big Mom's occasional hunger frenzies, Totto Land was one of the safest places to live in in the New World. The yonko's security was top notch, both because of the underwater surveillance systems she used and, even more importantly, her strong children that protected the entire empire.

Between the choices the New World offered, the female yonko's territory really was one of the better options to opt for residency. Blackbeard's and Kaido's territories were brutal to the civilians while Red-Hair allowed most islands to govern themselves. This allowed for a great amount of freedom, but it also meant less security for the people living there.

The few islands which were governed by the World Government were more dangerous to live on than the one's of the yonkos as the government had never really managed to establish itself on this part of the Grand Line. Then there were the few independent islands. They were really a hit or miss. Some were great to live on and offered safety in return for being a decent human being, while others were riddled by crime and consequently forced the civilians into some kind of illegal activity over time.

Today the people in Sweet City were especially delighted. Many of Big Mom's high-ranking children had come back to the Château to join the locally residing children in one of their mother's family-exclusive tea parties. It was a rare occasion that so many of her children had managed (or bothered) to visit one of the parties at once.

Most of them had governing positions somewhere in Totto Land, and the corresponding responsibilities forced them to miss out on most parties. Others were out on the sea, fighting against other yonkos' fleets over territory or wiping smaller pirate crews off the face of the earth when they dared to challenge Big Mom's empire.

The people on the island loved the Charlotte family and so the high number of local celebrities lifted the spirits of everyone.

Somewhere inside the large Château, a loud laughter rung throughout an entire floor.

"Mama Mama~~," Linlin sat there, her hearty laugh stretching her entire face before she grabbed another handful of cream puffs and stuffed them into her mouth. In front of her sat a teacup, filled with her favourite brew, while different sweets were literally begging the pink woman to be eaten. Different kinds of tartes, small cakes and soufflés were on today's menu.

Next to her many of her children were seated around the large table. Smoothie, Oven, Perospero, Daifuku, Katakuri, Brûlée, Mont d'Or, to name a few. All of them had engaged in lively chatter with one another, their own laughter mixing with the one of the yonko as they shared the latest news with each other. The family dynamics and the relationships between the siblings were difficult at times. Constantly being measured by their usefulness to the empire, which equated to the amount of love their received from their mother, put a strain on the family, but it guaranteed for powerful children.

However, every once in a while, something that could vaguely resemble a normal family get-together could be observed and today was one of those days.

"And then I melted his face off with my fist!" Oven boasted across the table, earning himself loud laughter from his siblings that had paid attention to his story.