Ch. 16: Back on the Road/Revisiting an Old Classmate

The next morning, you and Catnap wake up. You sigh and you smile saying, "That was a good night. I sure as fuck enjoyed it.~" He grins and chuckles saying, "Anything to hear you moaning and screaming my name, my Kitten. Ooh, you were fucking amazing, baby.~" You blush and you smile.

He gets up and he says, "I do believe we should get dressed, go downstairs and eat, then come back up to get our things. We'll be back on the road." You say, "Agreed." You see Catnap turning around and you look down at his ass. You smirk and you crawl over.

Catnap feels a kiss on one of his cheeks and his eyes widen. He blushes madly. He hears a giggle from you. He smirks and says, "H-hey. Kitten. I like where this is going. Dirty little vixen.~" You say, "Not much time, lovey. I would do that for you, but we need to get going. Get a move on." He says, "I love you so goddamn much.~" 

You get up as well and you both grab your clothes. You get them on and you say, "We really need to get to a thrift store once we keep moving. Have more clothes with us." He says, "Yeah. I hear you." You grab his hand and he takes yours. You both head out of your room and downstairs.

********************************************************

A moment later, you and Catnap are down in the lounge eating breakfast. It's hashbrowns, bacon, eggs and toast. And some milk to drink. Catnap's got the same thing you do. He chugs his milk and you say, "Easy there, lovey. I know milk gives you calcium, but it can make you sick if you drink too much of it." 

He puts the milk down, sighs and says, "I was thirsty. And I guess it's because it's milk... and I'm a cat." You say, "You do make a good point." You eat your food and so does he. He says, "Oh boy, I was hungry." 

You say, "See, Catnap? I knew you would be. Like I said yesterday evening... I don't want you driving on an empty stomach, lovey." He says, "And you were right." He eats his food. You smile and you eat yours. 

He says, "Man, you sound like any good wife would." You say, "Too bad I'm not your wife..." You look away mumbling, "Yet." He grins, hearing that last word. It's as if he's got something planned, soon.

**********************************************************

You and Catnap are back on the road. Once again, he's the one driving. You have just left the hotel and you're twenty miles from it. You're still driving through Kentucky since the state's pretty long, horizontally like Tennessee is.

 You're still driving through Kentucky since the state's pretty long, horizontally like Tennessee is

(Btw, since it's 1995 this is what Catnap's car possibly looks like.)

You're both going down the road and the song playing on the radio is Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog. You say, "Ah, great song." Catnap says, "Isn't this Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell?" You say, "Yes. And I love Soundgarden." 

He says, "You have a favorite song in particular by them?" You say, "Yeah. Rusty Cage." He says, "You and I have the same taste in music, Kitten." You sit back and you sigh. He says, "We'll be alright. I swear to you." You say, "No no. It's not that, lovey. I'm just... I'm relieved we got away just in time. The cops could've already showed up at your place right after we left."