Ch. 21: Another Opportunity Comes Knocking

The next day, you and Catnap are at the mall there in Santa Ana. You're both walking around and doing a little bit of shopping from the money and tips you made at Valentino's. Charlene loaned some cash to you guys, too. And since you're both currently living with her until you get your own place.

As you walk around you suddenly hear this, "Hi there." It's a feminine voice. You both look to see a cat girl who is purple and white in color. She looks like someone you once knew. Only a cat. She's holding up an advertisement for Evian water. You look at her and she says, "Oh wow. You'd make a perfect candidate for our sponsor."

You say, "Hello there, lovey. You are?" She says, "Oh, right. Duh. Let me introduce myself. I'm Kitty Starley. Friends call me Kitty." She giggles. Catnap points at you and says, "I call HER Kitten." She grins and says, "Ooh. Even your man's a cutie."

You say, "Thank you. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). This is Catnap." She says, "A pleasure." She looks at you and she says, "We're looking for a perfect candidate to be a model for our sponsor. Evian water! And you fit for this." You smile and you say, "Wow. That's bonza."

Catnap grins and says, "I wouldn't mind seeing my Kitten as a model." Kitty looks like you and she says, "So, what do you think, huh (Y/N)? Will you accept this offer? You've totally got the looks. Cute accent, too. What are you? Australian?" You smile and you say, "Yeah. I'm Australian." She says, "I'm getting Anita. She'll like this. Be back." She walks off.

Catnap grins and says, "Well well. Looks like we're hot enough to fit anywhere in L.A. after all, Kitten." You say, "Looks like they don't give a shit about our background. Just our luck of being seen as attractive people. And I have a shot at being a model sponsoring Evian brand water. This is great."

He says, "Hey. You accepted it, Kitten... You're about to do modeling. I don't mind, at all. You're the most beautiful thing in the world. They can look and stare at you all they want... Just not touch you. Or the next famous thing will be my red smoke towards them. Nobody but me lays a finger on my Kitten. Think of the money you and I will both make."

You smile and you say, "You do make a point, Catnap. And you talk so sweet.~" He says, "Let's just hope this Evian ad doesn't get out of L.A." You say, "Why do you say that, lovey?" He says, "If it does babe, they'll know where we are. The ones back in Baltimore." You say, "Oh shit. You're right. We'll ask this Anita woman. She's the one who obviously runs this joint, yeah." 

Catnap says, "Doesn't this Kitty remind you of someone?" You say, "Yeah... Crafty Corn. Only a cat." He whispers, "Sorry I had to make her go, as well." You sigh and you say, "What's done is done. You're lucky I still love you, Catnap." He says, "I love YOU more than anything." You smile.

You see Kitty coming back out with an older woman. She's skinnier, has wavy black hair pinned up, short black dress, black tights, high heels, a pearl necklace, etc. She sees you. Kitty smiles and says, "Miss. Anita. I found the perfect candidate for our water bottle ad." 

Anita approaches you and she observes you. She says, "So... This is the one you're talking about, right Kitty?" Kitty says, "Yes, miss." Anita looks at you. You say, "Pleasure meeting you, miss." She says, "A young woman with looks, a good figure and an Australian accent, huh?" You look at her. She says, "She'll do." You grin. Catnap chuckles and says, "Congrats, Kitten. You're the model for Evian water." 

You say, "Question, though." Anita looks at you. You say, "Is this worldwide or just here?" Anita says, "Only in L.A. dear. They want to see a water bottle candidate like you, they can come here." You say, "Thank you." She says, "Be ready by tomorrow. We'll have an outfit for you, miss..." 

You say, "(Y/N) (L/N)." She says, "I'll be seeing you here tomorrow at 1pm, Miss. (L/N)." She turns and walks off. Kitty grins and says, "Yay! You did it, girlie. You're the one. See you, tomorrow." She follows Anita back inside the store they were by. 

Catnap sighs with relief after hearing about the location part. He says, "Thank god it's just here. You being a model." You look at him and you say, "Looks like we're still safe... or you are." He says, "Nothing will separate us, Kitten. You have my support for whatever you do here." 

You say, "Much appreciated, lovey. Let's go back to Charlene's place. I need to be here at 1pm, tomorrow." He says, "Alright. Let's go." You and Catnap head out of the mall, get to his car and you get in. You drive back to Charlene's place where you're both staying.

*****************************************************

Meanwhile, back in Baltimore. Daniel is at his house. Dog Day and Vicky are there with him. Daniel called them and told them everything. They're all sitting on the couch. Dog Day says, "Thank god. I'm glad you called it quits with Mommy Long Legs, Danny." 

He says, "Trust me, mate. I was about done with her before I broke up with her. But she did this to try and get to someone else." Vicky says, "Who?" He looks at them and says, "It's Catnap she wants." Dog Day says, "Catnap? He belongs with (Y/N). He's loyal to nobody else. Trust me, I know this." 

Vicky says, "If Bubba Bubbaphant was still around, he'd be able to solve the whole ordeal between Huggy Wuggy and Mommy Long Legs in no time." Dog Day says, "I get the feeling that... it wasn't Huggy Wuggy calling you that day, Vicky." She looks at him. 

He says, "Someone had to have set him up. The last time I saw him, he was with another girl. Too bad she was killed. I haven't seen Huggy since. Now that I think about it, he was already gone by the time you got that phone call. That means... he was set up." 

Vicky says, "If that wasn't Huggy, then who?" Dog Day says, "Who knows, babe? But something tells me Huggy had a change of heart overtime. Like he's innocent." Danny says, "Hey, Vicky. No offense love, but I've noticed you've shown... a less slutty side since you've been with Dog Day." 

She says, "None taken. Dog Day's been the best thing to happen to me. If I wanted to act that way again, it's with him in our room." Dog Day looks away, blushing and smiling. Vicky leans in to kiss him on the cheek.

Then they realize it and Dog Day says, "Oh crap. Sorry, Danny buddy. I know you had just gotten out of a shitty relationship with Mommy." Daniel says, "None taken, mate. She's a twisted broad. Makes Catnap look like a saint. He's got to be a better individual than her. She's one fucked up lady." 

Vicky says, "You can say that again. She's been jealous of your sister for years, too. Let's hope nothing worse happens once we see Catnap and (Y/N) again." Dog Day says, "I wonder where they went, though." Daniel sighs and says, "Far away from here. I know that." They all talk the rest of the time.