Ch. 2: Baltimore High School Incident

The next day, you're back at school. You're walking down the hallway with Picky. She says, "So, (Y/N). Did you stumble upon something strange, yesterday?" You say, "Not really. Though I did see someone down a darkened hallway near the cafeteria, yesterday."

She says, "Who was it?" You say, "Well. You won't like hearing who it is." She says, "Come on. Tell me." You say, "It was Catnap." She stops in her tracks and she looks at you. You look at her you see the look of discomfort on her face.

She says, "Who?" You say, "Bobby wasn't lying. He is handsome." She says, "(Y/N)... Be careful around Catnap. He's highly dangerous with that red smoke that blows out of his mouth." You say, "I saw that. The red smoke. He told me to get out of hallway before it got to me."

She says, "Wait. What? He actually spared someone?" You say, "I-I guess he did if he was sparing ME of all people." You look away, tucking your hair behind your ear. Picky says, "Wait a sec. (Y/N)... Have you developed a crush on Catnap?" She sees you blushing.

You look at her and you say, "Don't judge me for it... but yes. I have." Picky says, "(Y/N). I won't tell anybody. I get it. Despite how dangerous he is, he is a good-looking guy. But just be careful around him, okay?" You smile and you say, "Thanks, Picky. Much appreciated, lovey." 

You sigh and you look up saying, "I'm aware of his... reputation. His history. But I have fallen madly in love with that cat. His voice. Those eyes. I... I can't help myself, Picky." You're unaware that a certain Catnap himself had been eavesdropping from another hallway and he hears all of this. He grins and he chuckles. He backs away to hide himself.

****************************************************

About two hours go by. You asked your anatomy teacher if you could use the restroom and she told you yes. She gave you a hall pass and said this, "Don't rush, dear. Your internal organs can only handle so much." You were lucky to have such a considerate and sweet teacher as Miss. Delight.

(Yes. She's here. XD)

You're walking down the hallway and you get into the girls bathroom. You go, flush, wash and you leave. As you're about to walk back, you suddenly gasp as you feel a hand grab yours and pull you into a closet. The door closes.

You find yourself in a darkened custodian closet and you say, "W-what's happening? Who's there?" You hear a familiar voice saying this, "Hello there.~" You gasp and you blush, knowing that voice. You look ahead in the dark.

The light comes on and right in front of you is Catnap, himself. He grins. You say, "C-Catnap?" He says, "Did you mean what you said to Picky, earlier?" You say, "W-what do you mean?" He says, "About the compliments you've made about me.~" You blush and you say, "Well... I..." You look at him. He's not taking his darkened eyes off of you for a second.

You sigh and you say, "Yes." He grins and he says, "I figured so." You look away and you say, "Oh god. You probably think I'm some weirdo for this, now. I..." He says, "Come on. What are you talking about, huh?" You look at him.

He says, "Everyone thinks I'M the weirdo. You're a normal girl. I'm the one with the shitty reputation, sweet thing.~" You blush and you look at him. He says, "I'm more than fucking thrilled to hear all of that from you. And I spared you from the red smoke death for a reason.~" You say, "Why is that, Catnap?" 

He leans in and you blush even harder. He whispers, "It's because you're the most beautiful goddamn thing that's ever landed on this stupid, judgmental Earth, (Y/N). You're lucky I feel the same for you.~" 

You blush and you smile. You look at him and you say, "You really mean it?~" He says, "More than any damn thing in this godforsaken world, (Y/N).~" He cups your chin and you blush more as he leans in. He whispers, "You're mine now... Kitten.~" You lean in as well and you close your eyes. 

He closes his own eyes and he presses his lips against yours into a kiss. You immediately kiss him back. He cups your chin and he tilts his head to deepen the kiss. You sigh and you do the same. You can feel his tongue go into your mouth and you blush madly. You touch tongues with him as you both kiss deeply. He pulls away and he says, "Ahh. Now, that was nice.~" You grin and you say, "Yes. It was.~" 

He grabs your hand and he says, "Come on." You both leave the janitor's closet and he shuts the door. He faces you and you face him. He says, "Have you heard that new song by Heart?" You say, "Which one?" He says, "What About Love?" You say, "Yes. I have. Fantastic song. What about it?" 

He grins and he says, "That's our song from now on. Mine and yours. Don't you forget it.~" You smile and you say, "Agreed. Our song.~" He grins and he strokes your face. You blush and you smile. He says, "Get to class before Miss. Delight there suspects something wrong." 

You grab his other hand and you say, "Catnap. You need to meet my parents, sometime. Got it?" He grins and he says, "Gladly. Just remember what our song is, my Kitten.~" You smile and you nod. You both lean in to give one last kiss, then you pull away. You move away and you say, "Meet up with me when you get a chance, Catnap." 

He says, "I can assure you... nothing will tear you and I apart... Nothing, at all. Nobody." You smile. He turns and walks away. You sigh and you smile saying, "I can't believe it. He... he kissed me. Best day of my life.~" You turn and you walk back to class. 

You're unaware of Picky eavesdropping. She had heard every little conversation and saw every little attention Catnap was giving to you. She sighs and she says, "I... I'm sorry, (Y/N). I just... I can't hide this from them." She runs off to find the other friends.

**********************************************************

After a month of dating Catnap, you couldn't be happier. He may have been a dangerous guy to others, but he treated YOU like a queen. He'd buy you flowers, chocolate, etc. He'd compliment you and tell you you're his precious Kitten. He calls you Kitten every day and you love every moment of it.

But sadly, it's short lived after five weeks. You've heard about an incident at Baltimore High where you attend and you found out that there have been a few deaths and only one that got away.

You're at home with your family when you find out. You're all in the living room watching TV. The news is on. The reporter says, "Yes. This just in, Franklin. There was an incident at Baltimore High School that there were quite a few deaths. Six of them."

Your dad says, "Blimey. Six kids from the high school? They had their lives ahead of them! Poor ankle biters." The reporter says, "The victims... Hoppy Hopscotch." You gasp and you sit up. Your brother Daniel says, "What? What's wrong, sis?" You say, "H-hoppy?!"

You hear the reporter say more names, "Picky Piggy, Bobby Bearhug, Bubba Bubbaphant, Kickin Chicken and Craftycorn." You put your hands up to your mouth and you sit back. Your mom, dad and brother look at you.

It dawns on your dad and he says, "My god... Those are the majority of (Y/N)'s friends!" Your mom gasps and she looks at you. The reporter says, "Only one managed to get away and get out alive... Possibly sixteen-year-old male, Dog Day." 

You put your hands up to your face and you say, "Jesus fucking Christ... Who did this?! Hoppy, Picky, Bobby, Bubba, Kickin, Crafty! NO!!" Your mom and dad come closer and they comfort you. Your dad says, "Ah, my little sheila. I'm sorry. Your mum and I are so very sorry." Your mom says, "Oh, darling." You sob. 

Daniel says, "But Dog Day's still alive. We have to find out where HE is!" Your mom says, "I know, my little prince. But right now, we need to tend to your sister. She had just lost six of her friends." You all comfort each other. 

But it was true. Due to an incident involving a red smoke, six of your friends died and Dog Day was the only one who got away and made it out, alive. There has been no trace of his whereabouts. Especially Catnap's. You had been devastated for a while since all of this happened. But what will happen a decade later?