Ch. 3: Your New Life/Creep at a Bar

Ten years have passed. Now it's 1995. You're twenty-six years old, now. You live in a small two-bedroom house with two roommates. A popular girl from your school had become one of your best friends. Your next Bobby after you lost Bobby and others a decade back. Only your new friend Vicky is a duck version of her. Vicky Bills is her name. 

Vicky is your quote on quote 'slutty friend.' So, she's what Bobby would be like if she were a floozy. She had fallen head over heels for Dog Day back in high school. Luckily for her, she ended up winning him over. He's a decent guy, but he still loves Vicky. 

You loved both of them and would keep them by your side, no matter what. So, she and Dog Day are your roommates. Those two share a room while you have your own with you still being single. You swore you'd never date again after the Baltimore High School Incident, ten years back. You still have no idea how your friends died. 

You were just thankful Dog Day was still alive and here, today. But you did lose six friends that day. And you didn't know of Catnap's whereabouts, but you missed him like crazy. You love the guy. The first guy you've fallen for and you haven't even been together for up to six months. And all because he suddenly disappeared. 

You have Dog Day back because after the incident, police found him near a sewer out of town and brought him back to his parents a month after the whole chaos unfolded. But still to this day, no Catnap. Not since the incident.

Right now, you, Dog Day and Vicky are all in the living room watching TV. Beavis and Butthead is on. You're sitting there as you watch it. It's the episode Beware of the Butt. You're all laughing as you watch it.

Vicky has a bottle of wine in her hand. She looks at you and she says, "Hey, girlie." You look at her and you say, "What is it, Vicky?" She says, "You remember that blue guy back in highschool? Huggy Wuggy?"

You say, "Yeah. Your ex who cheated on you with that whore Mommy Long Legs?" (😭 Sorry Mommy Long Legs! I don't mean that for real!) Vicky says, "Ugh. She's the reason I left the popular group." You say, "Are you getting onto something, love?" Dog Day buds in and says, "Let me guess... Ooh, Vicky. I'm so sorry for cheating on you. Please take me back? I've changed... All of that bull crap?

Vicky says, "Yes. I told him 'No asshole. I already have a man who treats me better. Get lost." You say, "Don't blokes like that ever learn?" Dog Day says, "The answer is no, (Y/N)." You say, "Yeah. No kidding. She's definitely better off with YOU, Dog Day." Dog Day smiles and says, "You've always been a pretty reasonable person, (Y/N)." You say, "Yeah. You too." 

Vicky grins and whispers, "Doggy's better in bed, too.~" Dog Day blushes. You look at her and you say, "You're really gonna bring that up, now?" She says, "Girl. You deserve someone, yourself." You sigh and you look away. You say, "I don't want anyone... else." 

Dog Day has the sad look on his face. He knew what went down a decade back and who was responsible, but he still to this day doesn't have the heart to tell you why the others have died that day or who did it. 

This was all during the Baltimore High School incident. He couldn't tell you because he knows this would crush you. And he knows you all may bump into Catnap at some point later, anyways. And if Catnap knew that you were told the truth, Dog Day and the others would meet with their demise. Dog Day's not only reasonable, but a great observer and intelligent.

Vicky says, "Oh shit. Girl, I'm sorry. I know you really loved the guy. But when was the last time you've seen him?" You sigh and you say, "Too long. I know it's ten years, but that's a long time since Catnap's last appearance. Not a call. Not a note... Nothing." 

Dog Day grabs your hand and he says, "Hey, come on. Try and get your mind off of all of that, okay? Watch some more Beavis and Butthead. Another episode is supposed to come on from what I saw in the TV Guide magazine."