Clarissa's POV

I hate him.

I hate him so much.

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

How could he do this? How could he agree to marry her?

I thought I was getting closer to him. We’d finally kissed after wanting it for so many years; we had finally kissed, not once but twice. We’d slept in the same bed together.

We were having conversations that weren’t the average kinds between friends or siblings. Things were different. I should have seen the signs. I should have realized this sooner.

I knew that he was pushing me away while I was trying to bring us closer, but not once did I think he would agree to marry Anya, at least not this soon.

What went wrong? Why did he make this decision and not tell me anything about it? How long has he been planning on marrying her? How long has he known he would break my heart and choose to marry her?

This decision hasn’t only messed up my life. It also messed with Dante and his life. He was just as heartbroken as I was. It hurt to see Dante like that. He didn’t deserve what Anya did to him. She could have told him in a better way. She didn’t have to make him feel like he was nothing to her.

I couldn’t even run after him while I was in so much pain. I had to fix my own heart before I could help fix his.

How could I watch him marry her? How could I watch the love of my life put a ring on someone else’s finger? The more I thought about it, the more the tears rolled down my cheeks.

This wasn’t the Damon I knew and loved. He wasn’t like this. He wouldn’t put me through all this pain without a good reason for it. I refused to believe that he actually wanted to marry Anya. I refused to believe that he was happy with this poor decision.
I couldn’t let this happen. I couldn’t let this marriage take place.

Everything would be over the moment that they both said I do to each other. I won’t have a chance with Damon after that. It would be too late.

I had two options: let Damon marry her and ruin both of our lives or prove to him that we were meant to be together.

I was not going to make this easy for him. I was not going to let him take the easier way out. I’m going to fight. I’m going to fight as I’ve never fought before.
I will make him drop to his knees and beg me to be his. He doesn’t realize yet that a massive storm is coming his way but soon he will know the truth.

“Clarissa?” Autumn calls as she knocks on my room door.

I knew Autumn would come after me. She was like a sister to me. I knew she would be worried about me.

“Can I come in?”

“You can,” I answer her.

I needed her. This news had shocked me to my very core. I needed someone to hold onto. Someone who understood the pain that I felt.

She doesn’t wait for another second as she barges into the room. One look at my tear-streaked face, and she’s already hugging me.

“I can’t believe he’d do something like this to you.” She whispers. “I can’t believe he’s going to marry Anya. He doesn’t realize yet what he’s doing but this decision will ruin his life. If he doesn’t stop it soon, he will regret everything.”
“I

have known this was eventually going to happen,” I admit. “We all knew Anya wanted to marry into this family. She wanted Atticus at first, but now she wants Damon. I can’t believe she disposed of Dante like he was nothing to her. It makes me wonder what her intentions truly are. Does she just want to be apart of this family for money? What does she truly want?”