Atticus's POV

Oh fuck.

fuck.

fuck.

I couldn't stop myself from taking what I wanted from her. I knew that I should behave, I knew that I was being selfish. I knew this was wrong at a time like this but damn it, nothing was going to stop me from tasting her tonight-nothing except her.

She was asking all these questions about Anya even though I was sure I had already told her I felt nothing for her.

What the fuck had I done in the past for her not to believe me? How stupid must I have been? And how much did I hurt her before finally realizing my feelings toward her?

I had so many questions about my past, so many questions about our marriage. Autumn was the only one that would be able to give me all of those
answers.

But first, I needed to taste her. I needed it like I needed air to breathe.

"Do you want to know something?" She whispers suddenly.

There seems to be a mischievous glint in her eyes and it's definitely trapped me.

"If it's from your mouth, I'm all ears," I tell her.

I didn't know if she was trying to change the conversation, but I was hoping she would let me do what I desperately wanted to.

"On our wedding day. Your parents told us we had to bathe in the spring at one of your island. Before we got there, I saw Anya openly flirting with you on the boat. I got instantly jealous and sad. I drank plenty that night and kissed you in front of her and every one. I was thrilled when you didn't stop me. When we got to the spring, I did something you might not believe even if I told you."

She'd sparked my interest. I wanted to know what exactly she'd done when we'd got to the spring. I found it hard to believe that she'd kissed me in front of everyone while on the yacht.

And why the hell did I let Anya openly flirt with me in the past on my wedding day?

Suddenly, I wasn't sure if I wanted my memories back. If it was filled with me being a complete asshole toward Autumn, I wouldn't know how to forgive myself.

What else could have happened for her to think I wouldn't believe what she had to say? What happened in that spring?

I wanted to know more about that incident than anything else right now.

She buried her face against my chest, and I didn't think I would love feeling her against me this much. It dawned on to me that I would fucking kill to protect this woman.

I would never let anyone take her from me. Never. Not even my family. No one would ever be able to separate us. I know that there was evil waiting to tear us apart, but I would fight
till my death to keep her.

"I was naked in the spring, and after the ritual, I sat on the edge and spread my legs so that you could have a full view of my bare pussy."

A second passes. Then another and another.

I don't think I can fucking breathe right now. It's the last thing I expected her to tell me.

"Repeat it," I whisper sharply. "I don't think I heard you correctly"

There's no fucking way she'd said what I thought she did.

"I spread my legs for you on our wedding night, I showed you the most intimate part of my body." She repeats for my sake.

Fucking hell.

My dick stirs in my jeans almost immediately. It was very much alive and hungry for her. I was even more envious of my past self. He witnessed such a beautiful thing, and I hated how weak I was to forget something like that.