Anya's POV

"He said he didn't love me!" I scream as I shove the books onto the ground in anger.

"How could he do that to me? I'm the one that he remembers. Yet somehow, he still chose her over me? How can he not love me, mother? What have I not done for him? Why does he keep choosing her? What does she have that I don't?"

I've been throwing things all over my house since I returned home last night. I couldn't believe Atticus would betray me like that. I thought he would still choose me after remembering all our times and no memory of his time with Autumn.

He didn't just betray me, he embarrassed me in front of his entire family.

"Calm down." My mother tells me. "We no longer need Atticus to be crazy in love with you for our plan to work. I've thought of a much better one now that I know who Autumn's parents are."

"What are you talking about?" I demand.

I was getting tired of these plans that never worked.
Everything kept backfiring, and now Atticus may even hate me.

"I know what we must do." She continues, and there's no missing the sparkle in her eyes.

Whatever she was thinking must not be good news for Autumn. And that's exactly what I needed, something that would hurt Autumn to the point that there was no turning back.

"And what is that?" I ask.

It was time for me to focus and do what I had to in order to get rid of Autumn for good.

We were running out of options. Atticus had once again chosen her. He'd lost all of his memories of their relationship, and he still returned to her. I couldn’t think of a single way to make him not want her anymore.

I was tired of this back-and-forth nonsense. I wanted Autumn to get out of our lives forever.

Why couldn't those men that worked for her father take her away? What were they waiting on?

"Atticus's parents would not be happy to learn that the Rivera's had lied to them since the beginning." She informs me. "We can use this little detail to our advantage. They will be pissed when they discover that Autumn is not their real daughter. Do you know how bad this will be for their reputation if word gets out? The Fawns care too much about
their reputation to let this go without causing some trouble for Atticus and Autumn. And Atticus is someone that Listen's to his parents. If we're lucky, he will do whatever it takes to make them happy, even if it means letting go of Autumn."

She had a good point. The answer was staring us straight in the face this entire time.

Why hadn't I thought about telling his parents sooner?

"They're going to be even angrier when they learn that Azai Reign is her real father. His parents know who he is very well. They were never fans of his. His power intimidated them. It intimidated many of the most influential families around. I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. This is what we need to do to get Autumn out of his life for good. His parents would make sure that they split after this"

I inwardly smiled at the thought of his parents hating her just like they did me. They only liked her because of who her parents were. When they learned all of it was a lie, they would freak out.

This was just another plan that would work in our favor. My mother wanted them to pay, this plan would only begin their torture. They would realize that they chose the wrong woman for their son.

How would that make them feel? I'd love to see the look on their faces. All this time, they kept praising Autumn, telling her that she was the right choice. How would they feel knowing I was a much better partner for their son?