Clarrisa's POV

I waited for Damon to return home. I kept feeling like something was not okay. When I finally saw his jeep, I was overjoyed that he’d returned. All of that changed the second that I saw Anya with him.

Why did he bring her back? Why was she dressed so fancy? Did he take her on a date? He said that they had something important to talk about, but he never mentioned that it was a date.

I tried to remain calm, but my heart was racing just as much as my mind was. My impatience was getting the better of me.

I wanted to know what they had discussed today. I wanted to know why Anya was looking so damn happy. Whenever she was delighted, it’s because she had gotten her way, and when she’d gotten her way, it usually ended in someone being upset.

Who was she planning on upsetting today?

They walk past me in the corridor, and to my surprise, Damon looks a little tense. There’s something he’s hiding from me; I could feel it.

“Where is Dante?” She asks me as she keeps walking.

“In his room,” I answer her.

They were looking for Dante, but for some reason, Damon looked uneasy.

“Should I call him?” I ask her.

“No.” She answers me with a bright smile. It was the first time I’d ever seen her smile that brightly. “We will see him in his room. There’s something important that we have to discuss with him.”

Here they go again, mentioning this important thing no one was telling me about. Whatever it was, it involved all three of them. That didn’t seem like good news to me. What could involve all three of them besides their weird relationship?

I watch as they walk up the stairs. I’m tempted to follow them, but that wouldn’t end well for me.

I ran towards Autumn, who was in the kitchen.

“What’s wrong?” She says as soon as she sees the look on my face.

“I think something horrible is going to happen,” I whisper.

“Why?” she demands. “What did you see?”

“Damon left to meet Anya today. He said they had something important to discuss. He just came home with her, but she looked dressed for a special occasion. Now they’re both going to talk with Dante. I’m telling you, Autumn, something is not right.” I explain.

She might think I’m exaggerating, but this feeling in my chest couldn’t be wrong.

“It’s okay.” She tries to soothe me as she gently rubs my arm. “Let’s just wait and see what happens.”

“I need to listen to their conversation,” I tell her. “I need to hear what they are talking about.”

A door slams shut in the house, and we both jump at the sound. There is also some shouting.

“Dante!” I hear Damon shouting his name.

“What the hell is going on?” Griffin asks as he walks into the kitchen with a beer in his hand.

“We were just trying to figure out the same thing,” Autumn tells him.

The three of us walk out of the kitchen, and we’re just in time to see Damon grab Dante’s arm.

He pushes his hand away and growls. “Stay the fuck away from me. I just need to be alone right now. Away from you and away from Anya. I can’t see the both of you in front of me.”

“Dante, please.” Anya tries to console him. “This was the only way to move forward. I couldn’t keep dragging the two of you along. I had to choose one of you eventually, and Damon is the one I want. I’m sorry if I hurt you, but please try to understand that this is the best thing for all of us.”