Autumn's POV

Clarissa's words have shocked me to the very core. I knew exactly what had happened last night and the last thing I wanted to see was those events plastered on the covers of magazines.

I take another look at Atticus and realize that I was wrong earlier. He looked tired and like he‘s been on the phone the entire morning. My hands are shaking as I reach for my phone. I'm scared to see the headlines. Terrified. I knew how brutal they could be.And I knew how quickly news spread. Our wedding was still the talk of the town, now
this incident would be an added bonus for all the gossipers.

The first thing I noticed when the phone lit up was the many missed calls from my parents. I swallow. They already saw everything. There was no use trying to hide it from them anymore. I was so screwed. My parents were going to kill me.

I keep scrolling, and I don't have to look far. There are multiple videos posted from yesterday at the beach. It starts with me drinking and getting drunk. Then it shows Atticus walking towards me.

'Get your fucking hands off my wife.'

My body shivers at those words. I couldn‘t remember him saying this earlier. Now that
I've seen the video, the memory is back and stronger than ever. He'd called me his wife.
I never thought he would ever openly shout it for others to hear.

I slowly look up at Atticus, and he's staring at me. He knows what I just saw. He would have heard it also. He's searching my face, trying to read me. Can he tell how much I loved that he called me his wife even though we aren't married yet?

My cheeks turn red when I see myself dancing on him. I wasn't even aware that I could dance like that. Judging by his face in the video, Atticus also didn‘t expect that from me.

Damon and Dante walked in suddenly, and they looked pissed. Atticus breaks eye contact with me to look at them.

"What the hell are you doing, Atticus?” Damon demands. “You're supposed to be making things easier for Anya. She's been screaming and throwing up the whole morning after seeing all the videos that have been posted. Didn't you once think about her and how she would feel?"

I notice the way Clarissa's happy smile dies down when Damon mentions Anya.

Anya. I didn‘t even think about her. Atticus always protected her. It must be difficult for her to see him protecting me now.

He looks troubled now that his brothers have spoken about Anya. I knew that the last thing he ever wanted to do was hurt her.

"Where is she now?" He asks Damon.

"She's outside in my car. I'm taking her out for a movie to help her clear her mind."Damon answers him.

"What?"Clarissa demands. "You promised you would take me to the movies today."

Damon stiffens at her words. It is clear that he doesn‘t like to upset her.

"I'm sorry, Clarissa." He apologizes. "I promise to make it up to you."

She folds her arms stubbornly and storms out of the room. I watch as Damon runs after her almost immediately.

"I'm going to see her," Atticus tells Dante.

My hands tighten into fists as I watch him leave. I know that she needs him, but it‘s still hard watching him take care of her. I don't ask to go with him like before. I already knew what his response would be like.Dante looks at me and gives me a slight nod before leaving the room.

I'm left alone with no one to talk to. I'm not sure what to do now. I had to face my parents eventually,

I sigh and walk out of the room. I didn't want to ask Atticus to drop me home. I was still embarrassed about everything. Calling my parents didn't seem like a good idea either.