Autumn's POV

I couldn't believe Atticus just left me to go to Anya. I could never forgive him for this.

He just proved that everything he has said in the voice note was genuine. She would always come first. And I hated that I had to live with this for the rest of my life.

l already knew it was true, but to see him prove it, on the same day I received the recording doesn't make this manageable for me.

Everything was changing for me in a split second.
The image l had of Atticus in my head was slowly drifting away. Was the man of my dreams entirely made up? Was he indeed this horrible toward me?

"Are you sure you're okay?" Gabriella asks me."You can tell us if you need anything. we are here to help."

"We are," Lucy assured me. "The girls caught us up with everything you're going through. We are here to help make it better. Anything you want, tell us."

There was nothing they could do to help me with the pain I felt in my heartto know that,  yet again Atticus has left me stranded to ensure that Anya was okay.

Every passing second reminds me of the voice note Anya sent me. And how true it was, how couldn't it be true when it came from Atticus's mouth? He didn't say thosewords to Anya to make her feel better about themarriage.  he said it because it was the truth.

After everything, I still hate how worried I am about Anya despite everything she's done to me recently. Part of me wanted to go with him and ensure she was okay. The other half that won reminded me that she hated me and was desperate to separate us from each other.

To me, this was just another plan of hers to get Atticus to leave me and run to her. Why would she send me that voice note and then try to harm herself? It didn't make any sense. The only thing that made sense was the truth, she only did it all to separate the both of us.

Why did I ever think that marrying Atticus would be a good idea? l wasn't thinking clearly. I thought that being near him would make me happy. I thought that it would be like living a dream because l would constantly be around the man I was in love with.

Now I realize how wrong I was to think that way.
For the rest of my life, I'll have to be reminded that Atticus loved Anya. Every day I would have to live with this truth, and it's something I can't put myself through.

If Anya wasn't around us, things would have been so much easier for us, but she isn't going to allow us to be happy. She will always be around because of Damon and Dante.

What had I done? I'd ruined my whole life by agreeing to this marriage. I couldn't keep this up. I had to find a way to stop this, to stop myself from getting hurt. But I couldn't just ignore my feelings. I wish there was an off switch, one that l could use
whenever I was around my husband.

"You don't look too good," Maya says as she guides me to a chair. "Would you like some water to drink?"

I shook my head, "I'm good, thank you."

"I can't believe Atticus is such an asshole!"
Gabriella hissed. "How could he leave you here for her? Sometimes men do the shittiest things, and I don't know how we ever forgive them because they don't deserve us!"

Wasn't that the truth? Men were always screwing us over and then expecting us to forgive them as if nothing happened. Did they not realize the pain they put us through?

"Wow," Arthur says, pretending to be hurt by her words. "Remember, your anger is towards Atticus, not me. We're good. he's not, we are. I hope he doesn't make things rough for me tonight."

Maya laughs, "l'm sure she knows that, Arthur. You don't have to worry so much. You're safe. We know where to direct our anger."

"Of course, you can say that since you made up with Kane." Gabriella teases her.