Autumn's POV

I don't have time to ponder over what just happened as I shift into my wolf and lunge in front of Atticus to protect him from the rest of them. they're still on the ground, but they're looking at each other in confusion.

They don't understand what flipped them in so many different directions. I've never seen a group of strong vampires and werewolves look this startled before.

"What the hell are you doing!" Atticus mind links me. "Stay away, Autumn. Don't join the fight. It's dangerous."

I was not going to listen to him. I was not going to let them hurt him anymore. They will have to go through me to get to him.

I tilt my head towards the sky and howl aggressively. letting them know I'm ready to fight each one of them to protect him. I don't care what will happen to me, his safety is all I'm concerned about. I've never felt this protective over anyone in my entire life.

The howl shook the atmosphere, and Carter's wolf looked straight at me. I can tell that he doesn't want to fight with me. He only wants Atticus. None of them tried to attack me. As long as I stood before him, I could prevent the fight from getting any worse than it already was.

They were looking at me strangely, like they weren't sure what to think of me after what had just transpired. Even I wasn't sure what to think of myself. It wasn't a coincidence anymore.

I had magic inside of me. Powerful, uncontrollable magic that was waiting for a chance to break free. I wasn't the only one that knew this anymore. They all did. Atticus would have realized it as well.

What did this mean? Were they going to report me to the principal? If they did, they would send me to be experimented on to confirm who exactly I was. I didn't want that to happen before l got a chance to
speak to my parents and find out what the hell they were hiding from me. They must have known something. A power like this couldn't have stayed hidden my entire life to only show itself now.

My wolf growls as she waits for someone to make the first move. She's aggressive and angry, she wants to take out her anger on something or someone. I've never seen her this protective before. she's just as protective as I am, she seems to like Atticus. no, she loves him, just like I did. We were marked now. It was expected from her.

I sigh with relief when Carter orders the rest of them to follow him. They jumped into their vehicle and drive back to the academy. I watched as they leave us alone, at least for now. I could only hope that this was over. I didn't want to have to witness
something like this again.

I don't know why they chose to leave, but I was happy that they did. I wasn't sure that I would have been able to tackle all of them at once and still make it out of here alive.

Maybe that's why they left, they didn't want to kill me. I don't think they intended to kill Atticus either. they would be banned from the academy if they ever did something like that. This was just to teach Atticus and Damon a lesson. But it should have never reached this point.

However, I knew why they did it. If they'd let him get away without a scratch for hurting Tyler, then others would try to do the same, and that wasn't what the fearsome wanted for their team. They wanted others to be so afraid of them that no one dared to mess with any of their players.

Atticus shifts back into his human form, and his groan reminds me that he needs my help.

My wolf takes slow steps towards him until she's standing above him, still lying on the ground. She reaches down and licks the wound on his neck.

His eyes are barely open as he gently reaches for her head and strokes it. My heart warms at this gentle side of him. She was happy as I switched back to my human form and knelt on the ground next to him.