Atticus's POV

My blood boiled with an intense fury, and my heart raced against the confines of my chest. I couldn't make sense of the fucking craziness I'd just seen.

Autumn wasn't a typical werewolf. I've never seen power that intense before.

She'd commanded Anya to inflict harm upon herself. Not many people I knew possessed the capacity for such a disturbing command.

Why did she do it?

Anya apologized to her. She made it clear that it was a mistake, she told her that she didn't intentionally throw her into the pool.

Then why did she react that way? But more importantly, who the hell was Autumn Rivera?
How was she capable of doing something like that?

Anya clung to me in fear, "Did you see that, Atticus?" She cries. "Autumn tried to kill me.
To kill me! I accidentally pushed her into the pool, but she purposefully tried to end my life. She's a monster! She isn't normal!"

I held her tight against me. It terrified me of what I'd just witnessed. I was terrified when I thought that I wouldn't be able to save Anya's life.

I wasn't sure what had caused Autumn to stop, but I was glad she'd done it. Anya wouldn't have been alive if I didn't get her to finally listen to me.

However, That wasn't the only thing that had terrified me. Something else would be the reason why I couldn't fucking sleep tonight.

It bothered me that, More than the fear for Anya's well-being, it was the sight of Autumn drowning in the pool that stirred a deeper sense of unease within me.

Last night, I couldn't sleep because of the things I wanted to do to her. To kiss her, hold her, keep her close to me, and much more fucking things that were inappropriate considering I was dating Anya.

Fuck, none of those things were appropriate as long as Anya was still the woman in my life.

My heart was still racing wildly, primarily because of Autumn.

Why?

What the hell was Wrong with me? I should be pissed with Autumn for what she's just done.
Instead, I couldn't find it in my heart to be angry with her. I was startled and upset with myself but not her. My feelings were a cause for concern.

What was going on in my head? And my heart? I felt like they were at war with each other. Neither knew what my body wanted.

"What happened to her?" Clarissa demands when she sees Anya shaking in my arms.

"Autumn tried to kill me!" She hissed.

Clarissa's eyes widen, but she isn't surprised by Anya's words. I expected her to say something in return, but she did nothing. Instead, she's suddenly panicking. I can see the fear increase in her eyes.

It seems like Clarissa knows something that she isn't
telling the rest of us. Maybe Autumn explained to her that she wasn't just a werewolf because I'd never seen a pure-blooded werewolf that could do something like that.

"Where is she?" She demands as she looks behind us for her.

"By the pool, but you shouldn't go there. It's not safe"

I don't get to finish the sentence as she's already racing for the pool. I should have known better than to tell her. She was already close to Autumn.

Ah, damn it. But it was better that someone was out there taking care of Autumn. I fucking hate that it couldn't be me.

What the hell was going on in my life? What direction should I turn from here? Should I be angry that Autumn just tried to kill Anya, or should I be worried about her? She looked like she'd lost all control of her body.