Seventeen

VISIT THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM TO VOTE FOR YOUR BIAS!!!

Agency: Pledis Entertainment

Debut: May 26, 2015 ("Adore U")

Fandom Colours: Rose Quartz and Serenity

Fandom Name: Carat

Members: 13

Years Active: 2015 - present

Seventeen began as a five member group called "Tempest" that was supposed to debut in 2012. However they then became a 17 member group of trainees. During their trainee days unfortunately 5 members left and one member (The8) joined. The final members for the group were chosen based off fan responses towards each member. They each received a ring with their name inscribed on it when they were chosen as part of the final line up. The 13 members are also split into three sub unit: Vocal, Performance and Hip-Hop. Seventeen are nicknamed the Self Producing Idols because the members create their own music. Woozi is the producer and composer for all their songs and he also writes the lyrics along with the rappers. Hoshi also creates all their choreography. The name 17 now means 13 members + 3 units + 1 team.

They were the first male K-pop group to debut with a one hour live showcase on a major broadcasting channel. Their debut album 17 Carat was the longest charting K-pop album of the year in the US and was the only rookie album to be listed on Billboard's 10 Best K-Pop Albums of 2015 chart. Their second single album Boys Be was the highest selling rookie album of 2015. Seventeen was also the only K-pop group on Billboard's 21 Under 21 2015: Music's Hottest Young Stars list. Seventeen received their first music show win in 2016 with Pretty U from Love & Letter. Their album Love & Letter also charted on Gaon's 2016 half-yearly physical album chart making them the highest charting rookie group on the list. In 2017, they became the first idol group to have a second season on One Fine Day. They released their album A/1 in early 2017 and it ranked in the top ten list for most sales in a first week ever as of May 2017 with an estimated 190 000 copies sold in the first week.

During their appearance on One Fine Day they played a game to find out their ideal types. Seungkwan, DK, and Vernon prefer girls with short rather than long hair but the other members prefer long hair. DK likes girls with short permed hair and Seungkwan finds short hair very cute. Woozi likes girls with long, black, straight hair. Mingyu and S.Coups like 'bad' girls (girls who are fierce and more cold than friendly) whereas the other members prefer 'good' girls (kind, innocent, and friendly). Joshua and Wonwoo prefer girls who like spaghetti more than soondae but the other members like girls who prefer soondae I've spaghetti.

Performance Unit: Jun, Dino, Hoshi, and The8
Vocal Unit: Seungkwan, Jeonghan, Woozi, DK, Joshua
Hip-Hop Unit: Mingyu, Wonwoo, Vernon, and S.Coups

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filmography:

DK: King of the Masked Singer (2017 - ep. 69&70)

Jun: The Pye Dog (Chinese), Children's War (Chinese), Intouchable (2015)

Mingyu: Master Key (2017 - ep. 3, 8)

Seungkwan: King of the Masked Singer as 'Woodcutter' (2018)

Vernon: Hello! Stranger (2014), Show Me the Money 4 (2015)

ALL: Seventeen TV, Seventeen Project: Big Debut Plan, Going17, One Fine Day (2017)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------