XVI • Awkward Teens

✩⋆。‧₊˚⭑˚₊‧。⋆✩

✩⋆。‧₊˚⭑˚₊‧。⋆✩

Isabelle's muscle memory made her get up at 5:21 AM, even if she didn't fall asleep till 1 AM the night before.
She quietly got up and made her bed.
She changed into basic clothes and sneaked into the kitchen, trying her best to be quiet while making herself black tea.

After sitting there for about 5 minutes, another person entered the room. "You're up already?" Sam asked while opening the fridge. „Yeah, couldn't fall back asleep."

He grabbed a bowl and filled it with cereal. „Hey by the way..." Isabelle began shyly.
„Sorry for, trying to kill you that one time."

"No worries. I'm sorry too." Sam chuckled.
"Hey, me and Cap are gonna go on a run. Want to come with us?" He proposed while eating his breakfast.
Isabelle nodded with a small smile. She finished drinking her tea and went back to her room. After another quick change, she still had to wait for Steve who overslept.

It was 5:52 AM and he finally came out. He grabbed a quick bite and the three of them were on their way.

Both men expected her to be slow or get tired easily, but it was the other way around.
Steve was the fastest, but Isabelle had more stamina. He ran 17 laps fast while she did 22, just a little bit slower.

"On your left," Steve said to Sam while he was passing him
A few moments later, Isabelle passed him too; "on your left." she smirked as Sam tried to desperately catch up to her.
Sam and Steve were waiting under a tree while Isabelle finished running.
"Finally." Sam groaned and stood up.

While the other two went to shower, Isabelle went to the training room again.
She pulled the punching bag out and put her gloves on.

She felt the adrenaline rush through her, the familiar feeling bringing her comfort. She was born for this, she was made for this.
All her life she has been training to become the ultimate weapon, to slay with no mercy, taking down each and every single opponent.

Except that she had failed. It felt like an awful 'you only had one job' pun. All those years were wasted. She was useless, she couldn't even do the one and only thing she had to; kill her target.
She felt so stupid and she was so angry at herself and—

Silence. Her punching bag now lay on the floor, two holes in the front where she had punched them. Great. More cleaning.
After somehow managing to clean it up, she decided to do some basic push-ups and sit-ups.
While putting the gloves away, a pink item caught her attention. She stared at it for a moment before taking it off the rack.
A fresh pair of ballet shoes stared back at her. She took them back into the room and put them on.

She pushed random buttons on a radio before finding a channel with classical music. Still in her workout clothes, she stretched her legs and arms. She put her hair up into a makeshift bun.