XII • Queen of Disaster

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

Right after cuffing the criminals with some special high-tech cuffs, the agents put James into a literal cage. Isabelle didn't dare to do anything, she just stood there with tears in her eyes. She just hoped that it would be better than the Red Room or Hydra.

But of course, she was deemed less dangerous so she didn't have to get locked up. She was still heavily guarded but she had a human pair of arms; she didn't have a literal weapon sewn into her.

"So you like cats?" The eagle man asked.
He, Steve, Isabelle, and the king of Wakanda were stuck in a long truck. They got their own rows of seats, placed one after the other.

"Sam," Steve said.
"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat you don't want to know more?"

Isabelle, who sat at the last row looked up from her lap, silently agreeing with Sam. There were two heavily armed guards on both sides of her.

"And what about you? Do you have a metal leg or something?" The Sam guy turned around to look at Isabelle. She avoided eye contact, acting as if she didn't hear him.
Steve sighed heavily.

"Your suit... it's vibranium?" He then asked the cat.
The man barely looked over at him and answered, "The black panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations." He stated, not answering his question.
"A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friends murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king."

Sam not so discreetly turned a little to look at Isabelle. She just kept her head low, acting oblivious.

"So I ask you... as both warrior and king...how long do you think you can keep your friends safe from me?"

Isabelle's head raised just enough to make eye contact with the new king.

Isabelle got roughly taken out of the car moments after the men left, to ensure safety. Once outside, she immediately began looking around for James.

When they found each other, the look in his eyes had a mix of worry and anger. He wasn't angry at her, but at himself that he couldn't keep her safe, away from being locked up.

She got dragged to some kind of health clinic. The room was pretty big with a few metal beds in the middle.

She got put on the bed while they
examined her wound. the metal retainers reminded her of Hydra. Honestly, the whole room reminded her of her past, the electrical bussing of the pale white lamps not helping.
She just wanted to be with James. She didn't care if she had to spend the rest of her life in a cell, as long as she was with him, everything would be okay.