XI • Eagles And Cats

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

James was examining the map very intently, searching for a way to Texas. It was quiet in the car, both were preoccupied;
Jam was busy trying to find roads.
Belle was busy trying to mimic his serious expression but it looked more as if she had to sneeze.

James sighed heavily before folding the map, "change of plans. We're going to Virginia."

Isabelle looked at him confused, one eyebrow up. "Virgiana? Where's that? Why there? Is it closer?"

"It is closer, we'll go to an airport and fly to Europe. Let's hope they won't find us there." He half-whispered the last part.
Isabelle pouted with her eyebrows up, agreeing with him.

"Where in Europe?" She asked hesitantly, wishing it wasn't Russia nor Sokovia, as the two countries brought bad memories to both of them.

"We'll see." He gripped the steering wheel tightly.

Isabelle turned the radio back on and kept the volume low. She turned the dial to change the channels until she found a song she liked. It wasn't like the other energetic pop songs she had heard, but rather calm and quite angelic. She read the artist's name: 'Lana Del Rey'.

A few weeks later...

Isabelle and James had decided to go to Romania as it was the cheapest flight. They firstly had to steal some wallets, -which Isabelle was concerningly good at- and sell some watches. James had to change his appearance a little bit to fit a stolen passport, but other than that they didn't come across much trouble.

The pair rented a small apartment using the money James had gathered up from his work as a barista. The windows were covered in newspaper and mold was growing on the ceiling, but it was a decent start.

Isabelle and James were doing some groceries, their knowledge of Romanian coming in handy as it was one of the many languages they had to learn at Hydra.

"Uh.. Two tomatoes, please." James asked the old man at his vegetable stand. He got his tomatoes while Isabelle was looking at some fruit, a few stands away.

He walked over to her after paying, a light smile on his face. "You want some prunes?"
They decided to speak to each other in English because Belle had to work on it. Her Russian accent was quite heavy, and James tried correcting her whenever he could.

"Never tried them before," she answered picking one up. She gave it to the lady and James picked two more with his gloved hand. He chatted with her for a second before paying.

They stopped before crossing while on their way home. Isabelle looked around mindlessly while James had his eyes glued to a man in a newspaper stand.

While crossing, both of them noticed that the man had run away when they walked in his direction.