IIII • Leaving

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

We got back to our room and saw Marya on her bed, brushing her hair. "Эй" (hey) she quietly said. "did you know there were cameras in our suits?" Alex blurted out. I softly slapped her arm.

"what ? cameras??"

"yeah, they were spying on us, probably to make sure we did everything the right way" i said. I was kinda disappointed, but i understood.

Marya had a confused look on her face, "oh.."

"so... We got the day off, what are you gonna do?" Alexandra asked

Marya stopped brushing her hair and put it away. "well... i know a place we can go to"

We raised an eyebrow and followed her out of the room. On the way, she told us where we were going. "I heard, that in Madame B's office there are copies of our legal documents. I really want to know who my real parents are."

We got to the office, but the door was locked. "shit.." i whispered, while Alex was trying to force the door open. I thought for a moment and asked "does anyone have a bobby pin?" me alex had our hair in a braid but Marya had hers in a tight bun. After a few seconds she took a pin out of her hair and passed it over to me.

I used the pin to pry the lock open, just like we learned in class. After a minute, the lock finally clicked and i opened the door.

Her office was basic but very neat, not a single mess to be spotted. All her files were segregated in alphabetical order. We looked around and Alex suddenly spoke up. "Look! Here's something about class B1." She said and passed the files.

I took one of them which had my name on it and opened it up.

Isabelle Anastasia Melora

Age : 2

Date of Birth : 5th December 1981

Place of Birth : Chimki, Oblast Moskou, Russia

Gender : Female

Parents : unidentified

I frowned at the last sentence "Unidentified?.." i muttered. For the first two years of my live i have lived with my aunt Anna, maybe i should ask her if I ever see her again.
I was brought back from my thoughts as the bell rang, indicating that the classes were finished. It was 8 AM and we quickly put everything away and ran back to our room. Thankfully no one saw us so we decided to stay in our room.

January 29, 1989

"Sit down. Take your seats" Madame H said sternly as we hurried into our math class, sitting at our assigned seats. Madame walked around the class raising her brow. "today we will get a visit from Mr. Schultz. He is one of the scientists at Hydra."

Me and Alex looked at each other, knowing who he was.

"He and his colleagues are conducting a new project of some sorts. We do not know a lot about it, as it is confidential. They did say that they need one volunteer, so they will choose one of you. You must be on your best behavior. She will leave this afternoon."

I frowned as we continued with the class, not wanting anyone to leave. Well, if anyone had to leave, Lena could. She is mean and bossy. But I really didn't want Alex or any of my other friends to leave.

As the bell rang, Madame took us to the directors office. We stood in a line in front of the director, waiting for the scientist.

After about 5 minutes, the doors finally opened and the same short man came inside. This time, instead of that tall soldier there were 2 other guards with him.

"Ahhh, Schultz! Welcome back!" Our director said with enthusiasm. Mr. Schultz walked over to his desk and sat down. " I see you brought candidates, ja?" He looked at us with his usual disgusted expression.

"Yes, this is one of our best classes. They're the ones from that mission, remember?"

"Ja I remember very well..." he said somewhat sinisterly.
They talked for another minute or two and then finally stood up
They walked over to us, Schultz was scanning us as if we were some toys on display.

He walked around then stopped in front of Alex. "Nr 6, isn't it?" He asked no one in particularly.

My heart skipped a beat as he pointed at her.
"Then that... must be 5." He looked over at me.

I froze. At first, I thought that he was going to pick Alex, but me?!
The red room academy is my home, I can't leave it and I definitely do not want to go to Hydra.
I've heard plenty of stories about people losing their limbs, turning into robots and even getting frozen in time.

He looked me up and down as his smirk grew bigger. "This one will be just fine." He said and turned around.

And just like that , I had to leave everything behind.

- a few hours later

"I know, I don't want to leave neither." I said sadly, looking at the ground.
"Maybe... maybe we'll see each other again?" Alex asked but she already knew the answer

"Hopefully." I smiled weakly.
"Here, " Alex said and walked over to her own bed. She took something from underneath her pillow and handed it over to me
" what is it?" I asked staring at a small silver necklace.

"It's something to remember me by."
I stared at the necklace in awe, there was a little heart, her initials engraved in it.

"It's beautiful..."
She smiled, "I want you to have it."
"Are you sure? " I asked finally looking up at her.

"Yes, I'm sure."
I hugged her as tears began forming in my eyes. "Thank you. I'll never forget you."

"I'll miss you." She said, her voice breaking a little

Our hug was ended when the doors to our bedroom opened. I quickly hid the necklace in my pocket and stood up.

"Come. We do not want Schultz to be waiting." Madame B said. I nodded and looked down as we walked out, taking one last look at Alexandra. I smiled softly as the door closed.

We walked through the halls, all the girls staring at us. Outside, there was a car waiting for us.
"Go. Goodbye now, child."
Madame B said somewhat sadly.

It was strange, one of the only times I ever saw her get emotional.

The two other people came over to me, grabbed me by the arms and pushed me inside of the car.

I took the necklace out of my pocket and put it on, trying to hold my tears back.

——————————————
SOBBING.
I really didn't want her to leave yet but oh well 🤭
Let me know what you think ab this chapter!💗

(TikTok -  winter_hearts3 )