VII • Time Flies

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

April 3, 1989

It's been a few months. Isabelle got punished more and more, all kinds of scars littered her body.

The training was also getting harder but Isabelle became used to the brainwashing.
James had to remind her every single time, but he didn't mind.

Even in the summer, it was really cold so the pair had to sleep in one cell, cuddled up.

They would share stories about their past whenever they remembered them, which helped them get to know each other better.

Isabelle would tell him about her and Alex's friendship and show him the dances they learned.

Jamie would tell her about his time in the war, and stories about Steve, 'Captain America'.
It was the first time she ever heard about him.

They had to fight each other sometimes, but they did get to spend most of their time together.

Isabelle's POV-

I was snapped out of my dreams- literally.
The metal on my wrist began to glow. I flinched and immediately stood up, James following suit.

The guards laughed at me. James had that look again. That look that says I am going to break your neck.

Instead of our normal routine, we walked towards Schultz's office.

We had to sit down across from him, the guards behind us.
The way he looked at us left my stomach knotted. Yikes.

"I've been monitoring you two and I believe that you are ready."
I gave James a side-eye.
"Tomorrow, the Winter Soldier and his accomplice, the Snow Widow will be going on an assassination mission." He said coldly.

We sat there for a little while longer as he explained the details. He showed us a file with the target's information. Tomorrow night, 'Howard Stark' will be gone.

After a long day of training, we were finally led to our cell. I was sitting next to James, my head leaning against his shoulder.

"I don't want to kill anymore," I said sadly.
"I know, Belle, me neither." He sighed.

"But, I promise you that we'll get out of here."
"Really?" I asked and sat up straight.

"Yeah, we'll get a car, maybe get on a plane or boat and get outta here." He replied confidently.

The ends of my mouth raised a bit, forming a barely noticeable smile. It was one of the only times Isabelle ever smiled in Hydra. James was somewhat proud of himself for making her smile.

I hugged his neck and he hugged me back, bringing me closer. He stroked my hair as I sat in his lap, humming a melody I danced to when I was in the academy.
"It's just us against them, okay?"