•Ch-15•

Varnika's POV

"Did you pack everything? Check it again" bhabhi reassured me while I simply nodded.
Today I have to go to Kasauli for my project with Rathore Inc. Rohan informed me that Agastya asked to send any 4 of my employees but I myself wanted to go and check every detail personally.
Another reason is that I'm literally fed up with this drama and bullshit, I want to spend some time alone....away from rush, away from stress, away from Drama
Away from Agastya...!
Just me, the tranquil Mountains and Kasauli.
It's been a while since I traveled alone and hence, my mom is a little worried.

"Take care of yourself and don't forget to call me", mom said while hugging me.

"Chill mumma, I'm just going for 4 days...it's not a big deal", I assured her though I know she'll be stressed.

"Tu itne time baad akele travel kar Rahi hai, isliye mujhe chinta ho Rahi hai". Mom already turned emotional.

(You're traveling alone after a long time that's the reason I'm worried)

When I said it's been a while since I went on vacation I meant that it's the first time I'm going on vacation that too alone after dad's death.
My hand suddenly stopped at the realisation of my father's loss. It's almost a year since we lost him.
Things changed a lot after dad's death.
Everything changed.
I changed.
I miss him every moment, every second reminds me of my father.
He always used to say...
Varnika, The world is a big bitch, whatever we run away from, ultimately life makes us face the same thing.
At that time I didn't understand the meaning of these lines but now I cannot only understand it but experience it too.

"Kaha kho gai madam", bhabhi's soft voice made me realise that I was lost in the thoughts and was standing with one hand in the air.

(Where did you lost?)

"Nothing", I forwarded a forceful smile while she passed me a genuine one.

"Take care of my little angel", I pointed at her cute little baby bump.
She was already 2 months pregnant and everyone in the family is excited for the Little one.

"Bye bye baby, buaa will miss you", I kissed her baby bump and hugged bhabhi after.

(Bua- aunt)

"Take care, call me", she kissed my forehead.

"Aaplog aise kyu behave kr rahe ho jaise mai apne sasural ja Rahi hu", I didn't realise when but the words spilled out my mouth not knowing that they'll know the different story.
Wow Vanika Deewan, you are so smart!!

(Why you guys are behaving as if I'm going to my in law's house)

"Sasural ki chinta nhi hai beta, vaha to Agastya hoga Tera dhyaan rakhne", the mention of his name already made my body feel different.
It always happens when I hear his name, my body reacts in a different way even If I don't want to.

(I'm not worried about you in law's house, Agastya will be there to take care of yours)

Why does my family always have to remind me about him?
Because technically he is your boyfriend.

Honestly I'm just going on this trip to spend some me time and stay away from the drama and bullshit.

"Chalo mummy, I'm leaving", I hugged her and saw Rohan already waiting for me.

(Fine mom, I'm leaving)

"Finally you're ready madam", a pistachio coloured polo tshirt, black pants, jet black shades...Rohan definitely came with the vacation mindset.