•Ch-35•

Varnika's POV

"Where are you?", I asked him on call.

"5th floor near the open bar", he said and I hung the call.

Agastya called me just a few hours ago and asked me to come to this Hotel.
I could have refused to come But his voice was different from every time we talked.
When he asked me to come here, it was unusual from another time.
We might talk sarcastically many times, okay I correct myself, we do talk sarcastically all the time but it's different from how he talked now.

I pressed the 5th floor button of the lift and went.
The bar area was on the other side of the swimming pool while I entered from the opposite.
Crossing the pool, I reached the bar only to witness Agastya sitting on the bar chair with a whiskey in his hand like those of his eyes.
He was drunk, it was clearly visible from his eyes but still his focus was so sharp, even the non-drunkers could fail.

"You wanted to meet?", I took a seat beside him.

"Yeah. What would you like to have?", he asked.

"Just a little red wine", I said and he gave the order.

"What happened?", I asked again.

"Have the drink", he pointed towards the wine glass.

I took it and had a sip.

"Now tell me", I said.

"Do not create drama here, just listen calmly", he said and I was amazed.
He never said anything like that before, even when he declared me as his girlfriend, even when we were in kasauli.
Never ever.

My heart beat intensely.

"Okay", I said taking a deep breath.

He finished his whiskey in one go and kept the glass aside.
He turned towards me and locked out the gaze.
The effect of whiskey was visible in his eyes. They were red and sharp.

"See I know whatever is between us, never happened with anyone's consent. Neither we ever spent time together nor talked politely, but whatever we had..... One thing couldn't cut off the fact that we understand each other.. am I right?", listening to his words my concentration increased even more.

What the hell happened to him?
Why is he talking like this?

I couldn't think of but hummed because he's right.
Though we never had that smooth or nice relation but deep down we understand each other.

"What I'm going to say now, might give you a little shock but trust me I mean it", he said and I was still surprised.

"Varnika Deewan, will you marry me?".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Silence.
That was the only thing that remained in the environment along with the oxygen.

He's drunk.
Calm down.

"Agastya, since when you're drinking?", I asked genuinely.

"Varnika, I'm serious", he said with a little rage.

No man...
He's drunk.

I called the bartender and asked him, "How many glasses did he have drunk?".

The bartender didn't reply but looked beside me, when I looked where his eyes were.... Agastya was deadly glaring at him.

"Agastya it's okay... You're drunk. We'll talk later", completing my wine, I was standing up but he held my wrist.

"Varnika, I'm all in senses".

No he can't.
He can't.
He fucking can't.

He stood up and I lifted my head to look at him.
Serious... all serious.