Invasion Finale

(Recap)

The Third pulled out a unusual looking kunai, it had the regular kunai blade but it also had two other sharp blade ends on the left and right sides of it and on the handle it had some seal marking on it.

The Third pulled back to throw it. With every ounce of strength he had left in his arms he threw straight at Orochimaru.

Orochimaru used his sword to deflect it right back at him. Landed just a few feet in front of the Third Hokage.

"What a joke, is that all you have left." Orochimaru said still running.

Orochimaru was in striking distance of Sarutobi.

"Now die Sarutobi-sensei!." Orochimaru said thrusting his sword at the Third.

Well i guess this it bye Natsumi, Konohamaru and Asuma take care my children" Sarutobi said as he died in battle against the Snake Sannin Orochimaru

(Recap ended)

Natsumi battle with Gaara was something else as she and Sakura arrived at the scene and Saw Sasuke unconscious from fighting Gaara.

Gaara and Natsumi both have taken a beating from each other and both are exhausted from the fight.

Gaara had fully released the One-Tailed Shukaku and but was taken down by the teamwork of Natsumi and Gamabunta.

They both stood there, both with one knee to the ground, both at their limit even with Natsumi's recovery techniques she was still tired.

They rushed in for one attack, they rushed straight on at each other.

They swung their fists and both connected with everything they had left knocking each other out.

The other two Sand siblings took Gaara and retreated.

Asuma arrived at scene and saw a unconscious Natsumi as he picked her up.

"Look at you, you seem to have gotten into quite a tussle with that red head kid that just left." Asuma said.

He escorted Natsumi and the others to the Konoha medical Center to heal from their bruises and injuries. The enemy was fought off and the village was safe for now.

Two days had passed, the village not having fully recovered from the events of the previous day. Many Shinobi were hurt and unable to help with the rebuilding of the devastation parts of the village had received.

The Leaf was lacking in its man power, from all of the casualties and injuries it would take the Leaf awhile to get back to where it was prior to the invasion.

Once Natsumi learned of Hiruzen death she was devastated as soon as she left the hospital she locked herself in her apartment.

She refused to come out side as everyone was worried for her.

It took a combine effort from Sakura, Ino and Hinata to dragged Natsumi outside.

Look Natsumi I know you hurting right now but would Sarutobi wanted you to feel sad" Hinata said patting her best friend/ Crush on the back.

No he would want you to be happy and live your life to the fullest" Sakura said.

And besides you have us so no more being sad" Ino encouraged.

Natsumi wiped her tears away as hugged her friends

(Timeskip)

One week has passed since the invasion Natsumi and her friends became Chunin as they got their Chunin Vest.

The civilian council protested on making Natsumi Chunin but after some pushing from the Shinobi side and Natsumi friends they reluctantly agreed.

Another great thing was Hinata made up with her family as hiashi agreed to let old tradition die and disbanded the Hyuuga council.

Natsumi took all of her saving as she purchased a house on the outskirts of the village since she didn't fully trusted the civilian's.

Currently Natsumi was sitting on the hokage monument seeing many people, villagers and shinobi alike, helping in the reconstruction of Konoha.

It had been one week since the invasion and things were already returning back to normal. Natsumi had her share of duties on helping reconstruct the village as soon as got over Sarutobi death.

Natsumi was tasked with repairing the school as she and the academy students helped clean up the academy.

Thanks to her shadow clones the academy got reconstructed in under four days.

Natsumi hadn't seen much of Sasuke in the last few days due to her busy agenda.

It wasn't until today that Natsumi got taken off Reconstruction Duty, as the Jiraiya called it, Natsumi was really happy to get a day off and relax at home.

On her last visit to the Hokage's office, Natsumi had ran into Jiraiya. The sage had told her of an upcoming trip the two would be taking.

They were to search for the legendary medic Tsunade for an undetermined amount of time.

Natsumi had been trained at first but Jiraiya told her that he would train her on using the fox's chakra.

Natsumi hesitated but finally agreed after Jiraiya pestered her for about a day.

Natsumi was afraid that Jiraiya would find she has almost perfect control on Kurama's Chakra due to training with her for the one week.

Jiraiya then left leaving Natsumi alone as looked up the night sky