Discovery

"Great", I said with a fake faint smile as I sat on my bed. I was sleepy but there was no way that I was going to sleep with Vincent in the room.

"So which are you?", Vincent asked as he sat in front of the room door.

"Excuse me?", I asked.

"Which are you? I know you're some type of witch, I heard you talking on the phone", Vincent said.

"I'm a white witch", I lied, hoping there was a such thing.

"A white witch?", Vincent asked.

"I was hoping you were a witch that was less common. There's so many white witches", Vincent said as I took a deep breath of relief that there was a such thing as a white witch.

"We can't choose which witch we'll be", I said.

"Just like how humans can't choose to be vampires sometimes", I added looking at Vincent.

"I chose to become a vampire", he said.

"...why?", I asked.

"It's a long and boring story", Vincent said.

"What makes it boring?", I asked.

"It involves love which is boring", Vincent explained.

"Love isn't boring", I disagreed.

"How old are you, like 16?", Vincent said.

"I'm actually 17", I corrected him.

"That's close enough", Vincent said.

"Close enough to when I thought that there was a such thing called love", Vincent added.

"And here comes the story..", I mumbled.

"I'm a bit confused, do you want to hear about the story or not?", he asked.

"I do", I said sounding interested.

"I was 17", Vincent started off saying, "when I met this girl named Hilary".

"I was so in what I thought was love with her, that I didn't care that she was a vampire. It took some time to grasp the concept but I grasped it", Vincent added.

"Giving up everything for her was easy, without any hesitation. She ignored me wanting to be a vampire, she didn't want me to live the life she did", Vincent said stretching his legs on in front of him as he slouched against the door.

"But I found my own way to become a vampire without her", he said.

"Why would you go behind her back?", I asked quickly sitting up straight on the bed.

"Because I really believed that we would be together for a long time Danny", Vincent said.

"I don't know what makes anyone think that one person could be with them forever. Whatever emotion that is had me fooled", Vincent added.

"That emotion was love I believe", I said.

"More like crap", Vincent disagreed.

"I don't understand if you two were so in love, what went wrong?", I asked.

"Hilary was my only true lov--girl. She was so beautiful like you. But behind that beauty was someone I didn't know. Once I became a vampire everything changed", Vincent said.

"If it wasn't her cheating, it was all of her lies", Vincent added.

"And because she cheated on you, you think that people can never be with only one person?", I asked.

"That's one reason", Vincent agreed.

"You know, you're a good listener", he added.

"Anything to do with love draws my attention", I said.

"Why is that?", Vincent asked with disgust.

"Because I believe in it. I think your first love makes you confused about what love is but you have to have a clean slate for everyone", I explained.

"And you allow yourself to get lied to over and over. That sounds pathetic", Vincent said.

"It's life. The only thing pathetic is someone bitter about one person that they've dated", I said slightly angry at Vincent subliminally calling me pathetic.

"Have you even dated anyone else?", I asked.

"I don't see a point in anyone wasting my time", Vincent said.

"You're a freaking vampire, all you have is time!", I shouted.

"I could understand if you were human. Maybe you would have a normal life span but you have time", I explained.

"What about you?", Vincent asked.

"What about me?", I asked.

"Aren't you worried? You're only a white witch, you may slow down time but you'll die some day. You may have 300 years at most. How many 'loves' do you plan on having?", Vincent asked.

"Loves? I'm ... dating a vampire", I said.

"That you'll one day die on", Vincent said with a smirk.

"....", I said nothing because I knew that I'm really a black witch who will never she after my 18th birthday. But I didn't know how to get defensive about something that wasn't true.

"....that's something that we don't think about. We focus on the day as it is", I said.

"And you block out your death because of love?", Vincent asked.

"I don't know yet if it's love exactly but I know that I'm willing to have at least a relationship. I can't let past relationships interfere with someone wants to be with me. It's not fair to them and its not fair to me", I explained.

"And that's what makes everyone in your book have a clean slate?", Vincent asked.

"Yes", I said quickly.

"And you suggest I give someone a clean slate?", Vincent asked.

"If you're heart can give it then yeah, offer the next girl you're interested in a clean slate", I replied.