Moving Along

Looking around the airport made me feel both excited and nervous. I know that Connor is ready for whatever is about to happen but quite frankly i'm not. I held on tightly to his hand and I know that he could feel fearful touch I was giving him.

"You okay?" Connor asked as he gently stroked my hand in an attempt to make me feel protected.

"Yeah, I just ....," I paused because I got tired of being scared of what may happen to me.

"...nothing", I finished saying as I loosened my grip on Connor's hand.

"If you're worried about your mom she will be okay. I've already compelled her boss and she's with Daniel right now", Connor said reassuring me that my mother was safe.

"Once we find out who killed you, this will all be over with", he added letting go of my hand as he picked up our luggage.

And I hoped that what he said was true. That once we ended this situation, I could live my life the way I wanted.

I just stood and silence and followed Connor everywhere he went until we arrived at our seats. He looked over at me out of curiosity. I knew that Connor wish he could read my mind at that very moment but he couldn't.

I sat down next to Connor and just stared out of the window. This had been the first flight that I had ever been on.

Ladies and Gentlemen:For your safety, all passengers are kindly requested to refrain from using portable telephones, televisions, cd players, or fm radios in the cabin. Thank you.

The flight attendant said as she walked through the aisles of the plane.

My eyes moved away from the plane and back to Connor to see what he was doing now and to no surprise he was looking at me.

"Hold on", Connor said as he reached into his suitcase and pulled out a pink blanket.

"I thought you may want to lay on my shoulder or ... never mind", Connor backed out as I guess he felt that I didn't get what he was saying. But I did understand what he was saying, he basically was offering me comfort.

I took the blanket out of his hand and opened it up. Repositioning myself to lay gently on Connor's shoulder wasn't hard at all. The minute I laid my head on his shoulder I did feel every bit of serenity. And when I buried my head into his chest I felt even more relaxed.

As my eyes closed I could feel Connor's faint kiss on top of my head. I've never experienced anyone that truly adored me.