In Time

FLASHBACK

Watching Connor walk sluggishly to bed brought so many emotions for me. Feelings of curiosity always ran through me. Why would he continue to get into situations where he could be killed?

"Are you okay?" I asked Connor as I slid to my side of the bed to make room for him.

"Yeah I'm fine", Connor answered moving back the sheets and laying on the bed.

"You don't look fine", I added as I looked at the bruise around his eye as it slowly started to heal.

"Can I touch it?" I added as I reached for his bruised eye and waited for an answer. But Connor didn't say anything which meant that it was okay.

"I don't like when you come home like this", I exclaimed as I gently touched his eye.

"I have to protect myself", Connor said as he looked at me with his right eye as I was still gently touching his left.

"Why don't you try walking away from situations?" I exclaimed as I stopped touching his eye as it finished healing.

"I try to but you know trouble always seems to find me", Connor stated.

"Sometimes I feel like it was never lost in the first place", I exclaimed as I sighed and looked at the rest of Connors body heal.

"What does that mean?" Connor questioned.

"It means that ... I'm getting tired of this", I said with hesitation.

"Tired of what?" Connor asked as he sat up.

"Tired of this happening once a week. You come in bruised up and you think because you wake up looking fine everything is erased from the night before but it's not", I said finally feeling weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

"And you wouldn't consider how I feel to just stop fighting so much", I added as I began to get angry.

"I have no idea where this is coming from Danielle, you never said this before", Connor replied.

"You had to know that I hated seeing you like that ", I said with a deep sigh.

".... I know you didn't like it but I never seen you be this angry about anything", Connor said as he stared at my face.

"But I'll stop. If I see something I'll try my best to leave it alone.... for you ", Connor added as he put his arm around me and laid my head on his chest.

"There's something about you that .. I don't know... something is special about you", Connor said as he rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"I feel like ... I would give up anything for you. I will always make sure you're okay. It's my fault not making sure that we were on the same page", Connor continued to talk.

PRESENT DAY

DANIELLE! DANIELLE!

Connor shouted aloud. He was screaming my name but I couldn't understand why.

"What Connor?" I said as I sat up in my seat and opened my eyes.

"Connor?!? Why is it dark in here?" I exclaimed as I began to feel around and stopped when I felt Connor 's arm.

"It's not dark in here, yours eyes are black", Connor said.

"I'm blind!" I shouted as I started to panic and squeeze Connor's arm.

"You're not blind Danielle", Connor said as he tried to talk calm to calm me down.

"We're going to call Daniel about this and figure things out okay?" Connor said rubbing my hand.

"Okay...", I said slowly as I just closed my eyes because having them opened slightly confused me so much.

"We're gonna fix this okay, don't freak out. I'm right here", Connor said.

I clenched tight to one of Connors hands as he used the other to call Daniel.

"I don't know how to describe it but her eyes are black man. And ... she can't see anything and I ... really have no idea what to do", Connor said to Daniel on the phone.

And neither did I but I knew not to panic because I was sure that Connor would there for me.

"When we get somewhere safe I'll call you back and you can tell me what to do", Connor said to Daniel before hanging up the phone and wrapping his arm around me.

"I'll never leave you alone; especially not like this", Connor said to me as he kissed me on my forehead.

"I promise you I'll take care of this", Connor added rambling.