Introduction

Sharp stinging pains in my neck rose as I tried to move it. I thought it was because I was sleeping in an uncomfortable position. When I tried to caress my neck; the only thing I felt was something wet and immediately I yelled Ow! from the burning sensation I felt the minute I applied the least amount of pressure to my neck.  

"Finally...you're awake," I heard around me. 

Opening my eyes was a challenge because they were so tired. it felt like weights were holding them down. And after playing the 'whose voice is it?' game in my head, I gave up. I tried to open my eyes again and made very little success. But enough success to see what was in front of me. 

Starring back at me was eyes I've never seen. Everything in this room was blurry but those eyes were the only thing clear to me. They were so sharp and the way that they cut into me was terrifying. 

"Who...are..you?" I asked out of curiosity and not so much out of fear. 

But I got no response. As I waited for a response, my eyes widened and I started to look around to see where I was. And it was my room, which I was slightly relieved about. But whoever this was in my room and the pain and wetness I felt from my neck was still unanswered. 

So I decided to get off my bed and look at my neck in the mirror. 

"Danielle ... you need to lay back on the bed," I heard from the stranger in my room. I wasn't surprised he knew my name. Anyone could know my name. So I continued to walk towards the mirror. 

"If you don't lay back on the bed, I will break every bone in your body," And that's what made me stop in my tracks. I wasn't sure if he would even be capable of doing it but he could very well be responsible for this pain I felt in my neck. 

So I stood still. I didn't continue to go towards the mirror, nor did I continue to go back to the bed. 

"Why are you here?" I asked. 

"Look..you need to lay back in the bed before you pass out, you've lost a lot of blood," the stranger said. 

"Blood?!?" I yelled and ran straight towards the mirror. Before I could even see my elbow in the mirror, I was shoved hard towards the wall. The pain in my back was excruciating. And after that I felt nothing, I was instantly knocked out.