Realization

"Lay back?" I questioned Connor as I sat on the couch.

"Well maybe just sit. Okay I don't know what to do. I have to make a phone call," Connor said grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

"Who are you calling?" I said looking at Connor's phone and the looking at Connor to respond.

"A old friend of mine named Daniel," Connor said to me as he placed his phone to his ear.

"He's a witch?" I asked Connor.

"He prefers warlock," Connor said as he began to talk to Daniel on the phone.

"Daniel I need a favor. I'll explain when you get here. Come to 428 Michelle Bridge Street.  In Virginia," Connor said on the phone before hanging up.

"How long will it take him to get here?" I asked Connor.

"Only a couple of hours. Maybe 3," Connor answered me.

"So what do we do in the meantime? Should we tell my mom what happened?" I asked Connor.

"No. We don't want her being heroic or anything," Connor replied quickly.

"I don't want to hide anything from my mom," I said to Connor as I sat down by the chair next to the front door.

"It's not like you're hiding anything. You're protecting her," Connor explained to me.

"And in the meantime I dont know what we could do," Connor said.

"You can go back to doing whatever you would normally do at this time of day," Connor added as he stood next to the window by the front door.

"I would be hanging out with my friends but right now I can't leave the house. And I'm guessing they can't come over here?" I asked Connor.

"No they can't. And I'm sorry if it seems like I'm controlling everything in your life right now but it's only for good reason," Connor explained.

"I understand. Do you go around helping a lot of weird people like me?" I asked Connor as he looked out of the window.

"You're not weird Danielle and no. I don't go around helping people," Connor said as he glanced back at me and then looked through the window again.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked Connor.

"I'm here for you. I know that what I'm about to say is a little creepy," Connor said laughing as he leaned against the window, "But okay."

"I traveled through time to come back for you and save you," Connor said with a serious face as he waited for a reaction from me.

"You traveled? .... through time? ... to save me?", I said slowly as Connor stared at me without responding.

"So you're a vampire with a special power. With a warlock as a friend and you're a time traveler?", I asked Connor and still got no response.

"I know it seems far fetched but yeah," Connor said finally.

"You wanted to know what we could do in the meantime and I want you to know that I'm a vampire for sure but I feel like you don't believe me," Connor added.

"I don't want you biting me again," I told Connor.

"Okay," Connor said as he nodded his head in agreement.

"Can you go stand in the kitchen?" Connor asked me.

"....Sure," I said as I slowly got up and walked into the kitchen and stood in front of the refrigerator.

"So why did you have me come --", I said before I backed up into the refrigerator. I had to back up when I felt Connor breathing on my forehead. He was so close to me that it startled me.