Wonderland

"That time it took you less than a second Danielle, you're getting faster," Daniel said looking at his stopwatch on his iPhone.

"Do you think that you may want to try healing again or...?" Daniel asked looking at me.

"I don't know Daniel," I said hesitate.

"You can try to heal me, we'll start with something as simple as a cut," Daniel said grabbing a knife out of the kitchen.

I breathed heavy and walked over to Daniel. I knew that I couldn't avoid healing forever so I might as well do it now.

"Ahhhh," Daniel said as he cut his forearm.

"Hold on Daniel", I said taking a deep breath and hovering my hands over Daniel's cut. I once again focused my attention on him healing and felt a cold sensation through my shoulders, pass my arms and in my hands. I watched as Daniel's cut was disappearing.

"Look Daniel," I said as I smiled and moved my hands.

"You did good Danielle," Daniel said.

I looked over at Connor who had been watching me this whole time. He smiled at my excitement every time I improved in my training. I watch the way that he acted toward me and it had me wondering how our relationship was.

"I want you to keep practicing healing on me and then we'll move onto the next lesson," Daniel said.

"I don't want you to keep hurting yourself," I said to him.

"I just wanted you to be able to see the effects of healing. If you do it on yourself, as long as you feel the cold sensation you're doing it," Daniel explained to me.

"The next thing I wanted to teach you was spells but it seems that since you are a black witch, you have your own Grimiore book," Daniel said.

"Grimiore book?" I asked.

"Yeah your own witch book," Daniel said to me.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"I can do a locator spell but i need your approval," Daniel said grabbing both of my hands.

"Uhhh," I said looking at Connor.

"It's alright Danielle, he just needs to join with you in a physical way to get your approval," Connor said reassuring me that it was okay.

"Do I have to say anything?" I asked Daniel.

"No, just be relaxed so the spirits know that you are not against this," he said mumbling whispers.

I just stood and watched as Daniel closed his eyes and continued to mumble whispers. I couldn't make out anything he was saying but his nose started to bleed.

I looked over at Connor with huge eyes to grab his attention. I didn't want to interrupt Daniel so I thought if I healed him that his nose would stop bleeding.

"...okay," Daniel said with his eyes closed.

"I found it," Daniel said finally opening his eyes and letting go of my hands.

"And thanks for healing me Danielle, you helped me find the Grimiore quicker," Daniel said to me.

"I didn't know what to do when I saw your nose bleed," I said to Daniel.

"Finding a Grimiore book takes a lot of magic and sometimes when we go overboard with magic our nose bleeds," Daniel explained to me.

"How come my nose doesn't bleed?" I asked Daniel.

"Because you heal yourself automatically your nose doesn't really bleed. But if it does then no matter what, you stop doing magic!" Daniel said making things extremely clear to me.