Coming Home

"This book is huge Connor," I said putting my book in my suitcase and then zipping it up.

"Have you looked in it yet?" he asked.

"A little but I wanted to wait until I got home first," I said packing up the rest of my things.

"I don't know if Daniel explained this to you but you have to be careful of the magic ...," Connor started to say.

"... that I do. Yeah he told me," I said.

"I don't think I could ever be that evil", I added.

"I don't think it's something people plan, it just happens with an obsession of magic", Connor explained.

"Well maybe I should limit how much magic I do to keep that under control", I suggested.

"And you can help me out", I continued.

"Whatever you need me to do, I'll do it", Connor said.

"Thanks in ... advance", I said slowly.

"I can't believe tomorrow I'll be back home", I added as I sat down on the guest bed.

"Yeah, I really miss you", Connor said.

"What do you miss about me?", I asked.

"Your face and your curly hair", Connor said. He couldn't see but I was smiling from ear to ear.

"Hopefully after I get this whole 'lockdown' thing over with I'll be able to be with you", I said.

" 'Lockdown' thing?", Connor asked.

"Yeah, this whole protection spell that makes me this room basically invisible, the only downside is that I can't use magic", I explained to Connor.

"If you're protected there's no reason you need magic", Connor said.

"True", I agreed.

"But because I'm not sure when Daniel will decide to put the protection spell on tonight, I better go grab something to eat", I said to Connor with a deep sigh.

"Danielle", Daniel said opening my door and then quickly shutting it.

"I'm sorry", he said from outside of the door.

"I forgot to ask to come in first", he said still on the other side of the door.

"It's fine Daniel", I said waiting for him to reopen the door as I told Connor goodbye and hung up the phone.

"Okay", he said opening the door with a black huge bag in his hand.

"What's in the bag?", I asked pointing at the bag.

"I know you already ate some Chinese food so I brought you mainly junk food. It's ummm chips, cookies, Capri suns, and stuff like that", Daniel said handing the black bag to me.

"Thank you", I said to him.

"No problem. I also wanted you to know that in about five minutes I'm doing the protection spell", Daniel said.

"Good thing this room has a bathroom", I said chuckling.

"Yeah good thing", Daniel said leaving my room.

So lets see what goodies are in this bag.

Cheetos okay. 

Snickers yay. 

Rolos yuck. 

Flavor twist ehh. 

Reese's yay. 

Granny cookies yay. 

Capri suns cold yay.

"For you to have a nice figure, I wouldn't take you for the 'junk food' type", a guy said walking towards me.

"Daniel!", I screamed twice before looking into the direction the voice came from.

"I don't think you know this or not. But with this protection spell no one can hear you", the guy said walking towards me.

"Don't come near me!", I said backing up until I was against the wall.

"You think I'm trying to hurt you?", the guy asked.

"Why else would you be here?", I asked.

"If you must know, I was looking for someone. Don't worry, you are not the person", the guy said stroking his beard.

"If I wanted to hurt you, you would be hurt", the guy added.

Which I felt was kind of true.

"I'm really sorry about that", he said as he intentionally stepped on my phone.

"What the hell is your problem? You said you were looking for someone else", I said realizing that was my only way of warning Daniel that someone was in my room.

"I know what I said, I just don't need any problems exiting this room when this stupid spell comes off, he explained.

"And when does it come off might I ask?", he asked.

"In about 10-12 hours", I said.

"That's not so long when you're a vampire. My name is Vincent", he decided was important to tell me as he held out his right to me.

"I'm ... Danny", I said keeping my hands by my side.

"...I'm going to assume you just don't like shaking hands and its not a sign of you being rude towards me", Vincent said putting his hand down.

"What if it was?", I asked.

"...a sign of me being rude?", I added.

"Now why would you want to be rude to me? I've done nothing to you", Vincent said.

"And I don't think it's smart to piss off someone who will be right here with you for 10 hours straight", he added.

"You broke my phone", I blurted out angrily.

"I gave you my reason for that. But once I leave I will be more than happy to get you another phone", Vincent said with a smirk on his face.

"Same one?", I asked.

"Same one", Vincent repeated sitting on my bed.