Trouble Sleeping

"You've learned a lot about me tonight," Connor said.

"Indeed I have and it would be pointless to talk about myself because you already know me," I said sitting beside Connor.

"I don't know everything," Connor said.

"You could be a complete new person that I'm starting to get to know. Who I knew no longer is you, just a tiny part of it," Connor explained to me.

"Do you think you would like me if I was different?" I asked Connor.

"So far I like you. I couldn't see myself not liking you," Connor replied.

"You're still as beautiful as I remember," he added.

"How long were we together?" I asked.

"A couple of years. The best years of my life," Connor replied.

"Why do you talk like that?" I asked Connor laughing.

"Talk like what?" Connor asked smiling.

"I'm so in love with you and you are my everything," I said mocking Connor's voice.

"I never said that," he said laughing at my impression.

"But it was coming next and you know it," I said also laughing.

"Maybe. I'm just always honest and open," Connor said.

"But with our circumstances, I guess I could relax on the love," Connor added.

"Just a little," I said chuckling.

"...Daniel told me to make sure you get some rest, so I think you should head to bed," Connor suggested.

"Getting rid of me so quick," I laughed as I got up from the couch.

"If it was my choice I wouldn't want you to leave," Connor said smiling.

"There you go again," I said.

"What? Okay I'm still working on this whole not flirting thing," Connor said chuckling.

"I can see the effort," I said as I headed for the stairs.

"Good night Danielle," Connor said.

"Night Connor," I said quickly and loud.

"Can you tell my mom to go to sleep in her bed?," I asked Connor before entering my room.

"I can do that Danielle," Connor said firmly.

And I entered my room and got ready for bed. It was only 10:30 so I had a feeling I would have to wake up early. I put on some music that would be soothing. I always preferred Sade to put me to sleep.