Grimiore

"It won't take long but it'll definitely take some time for your book to come to you," Daniel said approaching an old deserted football field.

"That's why we're walking over here?" I asked looking back at Daniels' car at the top of the hill.

"I can't drive my car down here Danielle," Daniel said laughing.

"I know that... I was just curious as to why it's on a football field in the open," I said looking at faded white lines outlining the football yards.

"It's not in the open, it's probably underground," Daniel said as he stopped and looked at me.

"Okay? ... Why are you looking at me?" I said with a confused look on my face.

"You have to get your own book. You have to call it," Daniel said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Call it?" I asked.

"Yeah, call it," Daniel replied.

"...what am I supposed to say?" I asked Daniel.

"O, you might need to know what to say," Daniel said.

"Yeah," I said agreeing with Daniel.

"Take your jacket off because its about to get really hot," Daniel said advising me. Even though it was freezing cold, if it was about to get extremely hot, there was no reason for that jacket.

While I threw my jacket I asked, "What next?"

"Sit down on the ground in like that cross cross applesauce way," Daniel tried to explain.

"I got it Daniel, Indian style," I said laughing as I sat down.

"Alright, now close your eyes and repeat after me," Daniel said as I saw him kneeling beside me before I closed my eyes.

"I come to you book of Danielle ....," Daniel paused.

"Camden," I said.

"Cam...den?" Daniel asked slowly.

"Yeah," I said opening my eyes.

"Okay.... I come to you book of Danielle Camden," Daniel said as he waited for me to repeat him.

"I come to you book of Danielle Camden," I repeated.

"Arc-key obtuse ion," Daniel said.

"Arc-key obtuse ion," I repeated.

"Good Danielle, now just repeat that over and over," Daniel said.

"Arc-key obtuse ion. Arc-key obtuse ion. Arc-key obtuse ion. Arc-key ob ... what's going on Daniel?" I said when I began to see the ground turn black.

"Everything's fine. Your Grimiore is about to come to you," Daniel putting his hand on my shoulder.

"What do I do?" I asked Daniel.

"Just wait," Daniel said.

And that's what I did, I just waited. It felt like forever while me and Daniel watched as the field remained black.

"Over there," I pointed to beside me as the ground began to break apart. A book shot up and aimed towards me.

"Ahhhh!" I said as I covered my face because that was the only thing I could really cover that mattered to me.

"Danielle it's not going to hit you," Daniel said laughing and moving my hands.

I watched as the book flew towards me but stopped in right of me. The book was brown and big. It looked old and heavy. It read Camden on a small piece of notebook paper attracted with tape.

I slowly reached out for it and quickly touched it.

"It's okay it's not going to shock you," Daniel said continuing to laugh.

"Stop laughing at me," I said reaching both of my hands on top of the book. I quickly grabbed the book and held it close to me.

I watched as the football field went back to the way it was. The white faded lines and the dark green grass.

"That's your book now Danielle. No one else can use it except you," Daniel said as I rubbed my finger across my last name on the Grimiore.

"It's so huge," I said to Daniel as I looked at its length and width.

"Yeah, lots of spells in there," Daniel agreed.

"So..," I started to say as I got up with my Grimiore in my hands.

"...what now?" I said finally standing up.

"Well we go back to my house and open that sucker up. I've been dying to see what kind of spells are in a black witches book," Daniel said beginning to walk towards his car.

"Seems like I'll be pretty busy with this and school," I said to Danielle following behind him.

"You're still going to school?" Daniel asked me.

"Yeah, don't you?," I said quickly.

"Well yeah but I don't have people running after me," Daniel said approaching his car.

"I forgot about that," I said walking to the passenger side of his car.

"Maybe Connor has a plan about what to do next," Daniel said getting into the car.

"I wonder why it took so long for them to kill me. The way Connor talks about us being together, I was over the age of 18. I don't know, that's just something I've always wondered," I said getting into the car.

"Well you said that you never used your power and that's the only way a black witch is detected so I'm not sure Danielle," Daniel said starting his car.

"I'm not sure either. Let's just go back to your house where it's safe," I said to Daniel as I buckled my seatbelt and put my Grimiore on my lap.