Vincent

"So you mean to tell me that this vampire commanded you to leave and you left?" Nina asked for the third time only waiting to hear the same answer.

"For the third time yes," I said to Nina exhausted.

"Vincent why would you leave? You know we need the heart of that witch," Nina said.

"Why do you feel the need to tell me the obvious? I left because the boy has a special power to command people," I explained.

"Did you even get a look at the who the witch was," Nina said to me.

"No I didn't get a chance to," I replied in a calm tone.

"How can we as a family be strong if things like this are not handled immediately?" Nina said leaning against the wall.

"Why are you obsessed with our family being powerful?", I asked her sitting down at my desk.

"I'm not obsessed Vincent, I just want us to be able to handle whatever comes our way," Nina said taking a deep breath.

"I know that we weren't strong enough to defend our parents but that was ages ago, things have changed," I said to Nina.

"We can't dwell on the past Nina," I said as I got up and walked past her.

"Where are you going?" Nina asked me as she grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"I'm going to visit a very powerful witch I know," I answered with a sly smirk.

"Do you mind if I join?" Nina said smiling because she knew exactly who I was talking about.

I answered with a shrug which meant sure in Nina's case because she grabbed her coat and her keys.

"If I'm driving, bloods' on you tonight Vincent," Nina said as she was closing the door to the house.

"Do you know how hard it is to get blood?" I said to Nina standing by the car.

"O please Vincent, I've seen your stash," she said unlocking the car.

"How many times have I told you about invading my personal things?" I said to Nina as I got into the car.

"Too many times  to count Vincent," she replied starting the car and driving to Emily's house.