Love You

Before I could open my eyes, I could feel someone breathing on the back of my neck. I've never had anyone in my bed before, the feeling of knowing someone was that close to me sent shivers down my entire body. I thought it was maybe the wind from my window but I looked at the window and it was shut. My attempt to quietly get out of bed was a big mistake. The slightest movement of my leg resulted in a hand lying gently on my stomach. So i decided to try to move the hand which resulted in being pulled closer to whoever was behind me.

"Mo--!!" I tried to yell but was silenced by a hand.

"Please don't yell," i heard from a familiar voice, "I would never hurt you".

"When I let go, I don't want you to yell okay? I don't want you to leave me, you hear me?" I was asked and replied with a nod.

There was a slight hesitation and then my mouth was hand free and so was my stomach. I jumped out of my bed and attempted to run out of my room. Before I could make it to the door a breeze cold air flew pass me and in front of me stood Connor. I looked back at the bed and it was empty.

"What the hell are you doing in my house? Better yet my room?", I yelled loudly, hoping my mother would hear me.

"Danielle you need to calm down," Connor said.

"Calm down? You were laying in my bed!" I yelled.

And in a blink of an eye I was pushed against my dresser with Connor's hand back on my mouth.

"Danielle, I asked you not to yell. There’s things you don't understand fully. And the things that you'll hear and see from after this moment will change your perspective on everything," Connor said still keeping his hand over my mouth looking into my eyes. His eyes were the same eyes in my dream. The sharpness in them and the way that they cut through me, it made me extremely terrified. Connor saw as I silently wept looking back into his eyes. He looked down and removed his hand.

"I would never hurt you Danielle," Connor said wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"I just wanted to be with you," Connor continued to talk as he had me pressed up against the dresser with his body.

I looked at Connor as he grew with frustration that I wasn't becoming the less bit of calm.

"Say something Danielle," Connor said as he waited patiently for me to say something. The minute I opened my mouth he concentrated at my lips waiting for whatever he was about to hear.

"Please .... leave me alone," I said slowly checking with Connor's facial expression to see what his reaction would be.

The look on his face was of confusion.

"Danielle, I said I would never hu--", he said before I cut him off.

"Hurt me. I heard you," I said finishing his sentence and making sure he know that I heard him.

"Then what's the problem?" Connor said.

"The problem is that I don't know you and I don't know why you're here," I said taking a deep breath once I was slowly calming down.

"I'm here for you," Connor said trying to touch my face.

"But I don't want you here Connor," I said moving my face away from Connor's hand, "And if I don't want you here, then you should leave," I added.

"I can't leave Danielle," Connor said grabbing my hand, "I want you to let me stay here".

"You can stay here," I said.

"And I want you to not be afraid of me", Connor added, touching my face with his other hand.

I watched as Connor slowly moved his head towards mine. He hesitated for a slight second and then continued until he was close enough to me that I could smell his breath. It smelt of alcohol that quickly made my nose twitch.

"Danielle! What are you still doing up?" I heard from downstairs, followed by some protruding footsteps.

Immediately I looked at my door that was opened and then looked back at Connor who wasn't there anymore. I never even felt his hands leave me. I looked at my mom who was now at my door.

"....I couldn't sleep". I answered with a late reply, "But I'm going to bed now Mom", I added quickly walking and getting in my bed.

"Alright honey", my mom said walking back downstairs.

As I laid in bed and looked at the wall, I felt so many emotions, confusion being the main one. I closed my eyes with blank thoughts and somehow managed to fall asleep.